PDA

View Full Version : hubbard refrigerated van

doormaster2008
19-08-2010, 05:46 PM
have any of you guys any experiance on the hubbard van units.a customer of mine has a van with a standby as well as on the road system.it works perfect while driving,but on standby wont run.the standby is 3phase.when i checked the control side the voltage is only 5.5 volt dc.where does it get its supply from or is it likely to be something simple.would appreciate any advice you can give me.thanks.doormaster.

cadwaladr
19-08-2010, 06:07 PM
have any of you guys any experiance on the hubbard van units.a customer of mine has a van with a standby as well as on the road system.it works perfect while driving,but on standby wont run.the standby is 3phase.when i checked the control side the voltage is only 5.5 volt dc.where does it get its supply from or is it likely to be something simple.would appreciate any advice you can give me.thanks.doormaster.
it uses a transformer to step down then a bridge rectifier to change ac to dc have you checked all fuses in this circuit

doormaster2008
19-08-2010, 06:25 PM
hi cadwaladr.i checked the fuses i can see.there were two.is the relay supply taken from the battery because i get 13 v on the l/h terminal of that but 5v to terminal 61

vehikool
20-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi next time you ask please list 12v or 24v, year, Make and model also if 240v or 415v system, it does help us. There is a circuit breaker between wires 21 &23. Hubbard have had problems with the rectifiers ( they have now up- rated it to a larger one) if your is the small black square one test the voltage from it, the + terminal (wire number 51) should have 12v from it. I have found Hubbard to be a helpfull company and will supply you with any wiring diagrams you may need
regards

Peter_1
20-08-2010, 09:01 PM
The bridge rectifier is faulty. Mount one from 30A, cost you 5 £ in an electronic shop.
Is it mounted on a heatsink?
Looks like this
AC is diagonal and DC the other diagonal. The one with the pin mounted 90° against the others is the + of the DC.
http://img.hisupplier.com/var/userImages/old/diode/diode$8195044.jpg

doormaster2008
02-09-2010, 09:27 PM
thanks for your help guys.i will test the rectifier in the next couple of days and will let you know the outcome.doormaster