PDA

View Full Version : ECONOMIZERS - Very Important

melisaltinoluk
18-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Dear fellows and colleagues,

I would like to know if someone help me about economizers.

We all know that "Economizers" or "Economisers" are mechanical devices intended to reduce energy consumption, or to perform another useful function like preheating a fluid.
The term economizer is used for other purposes as well. In simple terms, an economizer is a heat exchanger.

When condensation, we use 316 stainless steel pipes but my question, can we use 304 stainless steel when condensation?
OR how can I find out an information about it?

I need your supports, thank you.

Best Regards,
M.A.
Industrial Engineer
Energy Consultant

Brian_UK
18-08-2010, 10:49 PM
What medium is going to be inside your SS tubing?

rtamayo
21-08-2010, 03:36 PM
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRONEL%5CCONFIG%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:ES-PE; mso-no-proof:yes;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabla normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Two points<o:p></o:p>
First point , I believe that the econimizer only be used with some refrigerants and with some contidions (high, medium, low temperature); this heat exchanger didnīt economice in all cases; you ; sometimes it is used as a superheater heat exchanger (to protect to the compressor).<o:p></o:p>
Second point, you could change AISI 316 with AISI 304 (AISI 304L is better) only if tha characteristics of your water doesnīt attack this material (high % of chlorine ions in example).<o:p></o:p>

ref717
23-08-2010, 07:18 PM
pls. answer what liquid medium inside and outside the tubes, are you going to use?, as what sir Brian had said..,liquid chlorine attacks most metals even stainless steels. If you're going to replace SS314 with SS304, I suggest you increase the pipe thickness and always use seamless pipes.