PDA

View Full Version : Absorption chiller cop based on hhv and lhv

abbasi
18-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Dear All
i am so confused with all this HHV and LHV of a chiller. Tell me whether the COP increases with LHV and decreases with HHV?
Why is it so, when we take LHV(low het value) of gas does the flow rate of natural gas also not increase to give the same heat output?
As for HHV(high heating value) the flow rate of natural gas will reduce?
e.g.,
if LHV of natural gas is 871 Btu/cu ft and that HHV is 970 Btu/cu ft whose COP will be higher.

Please eleborate......:confused:

abbasi
19-08-2010, 05:40 AM
:confused:

abbasi
20-08-2010, 05:03 AM
Any body there to answer?:o

Peter_1
21-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Abbasi, I don't have any experience with absorption machines. I know Frank worked on some.
Can you speak anyhow of a COP for an absorption machine? I don't know the answer.

abbasi
26-08-2010, 06:10 AM
Its a very common query for people working on ABS Machines, how can i contact Frank? should i PM him

icecube51
26-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Dear All
i am so confused with all this HHV and LHV of a chiller. Tell me whether the COP increases with LHV and decreases with HHV?
Why is it so, when we take LHV(low het value) of gas does the flow rate of natural gas also not increase to give the same heat output?
As for HHV(high heating value) the flow rate of natural gas will reduce?
e.g.,
if LHV of natural gas is 871 Btu/cu ft and that HHV is 970 Btu/cu ft whose COP will be higher.

Please eleborate......:confused:

i think you need more than low or high heat values to calculate the cop of anything /something.
what cind of cop are you trying to find?
the hole plant COP? the cooling or heating COP?
cop in coöperation whit EER?

Ice