PDA

View Full Version : MCB rating

ong
12-06-2005, 07:31 AM
hi guys,

anyone know whats the reading mean on the MCB(Eg: B6.B16,B20,B32) mean? And some of the alphabet start with A6 and other start with c....which one should i choose for a A/c unit ...9000btu...?? thank very mch for those who reply :) for my curiousity

rbartlett
12-06-2005, 07:56 AM
6/16/20/32 relates to the current rating of the c/b

a.b.c.d relates to the inrush trip caracteristics of the fuse

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Distribution/Mcb.htm

a 230v 9k split -unless inverter- I would use D16 or C16

cheers

richard

ong
12-06-2005, 08:13 AM
tks richard! this really help for new technician like me..

rbartlett
12-06-2005, 11:02 AM
did you follow the link?

"In some cases such even these MCBs may not be sufficient when Compressor motors are used and a type D MCB may be necessary. However, caution should be practised because the characteristics for these MCBs may make compliance with the Wiring Regulation difficult without a change in the specifications of the other equipment. "

chers

richard

Abe
12-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Richard,

I have found a type " C " suitable .
On an install last week, the sparky failed to turn up, I couldnt hang around so connected the system to the main consumer unit.

It was crabtree............there was one spare fuseway, so I went round all the wholesalers looking for a 32Amp Type C , Crabtree breaker.

No luck,, it was an old obsolete type. all they could offer was a Wylex type with a similar fitting size.

It was type B............I had to take the chance............I bought it and fitted it.

Unit started up and is running ok.............

I have ordered a type C............but am struggling to get one....

Just hope this Type B, performs in the interim

ong
13-06-2005, 11:30 AM
in singapore ...the supply voltage here is between 220v~240v...what about u guys here??i knew some of them uses 110v and i dont understand why they dont want it to be standardise throughtout the world...? :confused: