PDA

View Full Version : Acid testing

devlin maguire
15-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi all Acid testing, I have come onto a job that no-one wanted to touch because, as one guy said its a comp bunt out and the gas, R22 is contaminated, Now I have taken a sample of gas/oil from the LS port and used one of those see through plastic test kits from SRW and I get a negative result absolutly no change in colour, this is what I expected as the oil was perfectly clear and the gas had no odour other that that which I am used to. I normally use my nose for gas contamination as we all know it's fairley unmistakeable and as to oil well if the comp has toasted itself the oil will invairably be discolouerd. So how reliable are these testers has anyone had a false result,
Devlin

monkey spanners
15-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Is this the little tester you push onto s schreader valve? I haven't used one yet but have one on the van!
In the past i've used the oil test kit for acid.

I'd just fit a generously sized suction burn out drier at the same time as a new comp and liquid line drier.

Jon

devlin maguire
15-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Yes thats them, I am thinking dryers is the way to go on this, new comp arriving monday gas out same day and see if the new one lines up with existing roto's then cut pipe and fit big line dryers
cheers Dev

Grizzly
15-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Yes thats them, I am thinking dryers is the way to go on this, new comp arriving monday gas out same day and see if the new one lines up with existing roto's then cut pipe and fit big line dryers
cheers Dev

What gas are you proposing to use?
Grizzly

devlin maguire
15-08-2010, 04:20 PM
The R22 is going back in as major expansion is planned to the building 2012 when the whole A/C is being replaced with smaller area specific units
Dev