PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi PUG24AKB fan problem

hvac01453
14-08-2010, 02:59 AM
I have a problem with this condensing unit OFM not coming on with the compressor. Power was not coming out of the relay on the PCB OFM terminal. I jumped out the LATS, HP, LP...to no avail. This is a new board. I drop the lead to the CC terminal on the contactor line side, and the fan runs fine. The only thing I'm thinking is the control voltage. I don't get 12VDC, I get 9.7VDC, But the board always pulls in the CC terminal without a problem,,, This demonstrates to me it has the power to pull in that switch and should also pull in on the fan switch...any ideas? I didn't see any minimum voltages needed by the board manufacturer or the OEM,
My pressures were normal and the refrigeration circuit works great BUT, its a computer room in a paper mill and runs all year long... I need the low ambient control.

nike123
14-08-2010, 07:41 AM
As I see it from diagram CC is on 24V and fan relay is at 12V. Since you got 9,7V instead 12V from indoor (20% voltage drop) you should check/change indoor PCB.

hvac01453
31-07-2011, 04:49 PM
update to that post last year with that unit, they sent me a bad board, got a new one and its worked fine till last week. The LATS switch is bad again. It has weird C/O C/I pressures 150 + 225 or 250.... I don't know why they call it a low ambient temp switch when it is a low ambient pressure switch....it must be a language barrier thing, although you would think they would have caught something like that long ago...