PDA

View Full Version : Lennox Elite XC-16 problem

dr62220
13-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I am looking for some help concerning a Lennox Elite XC-16 home AC.
This is a 3 year old unit. I have had several problems including replacement of the scroll compressor last year.
My issue now is, when the unit starts ( usally in the morning ) it makes a loud "bang". Sometimes it vibrates. Later in the day it might be very quite.
I have tried contacting the installer and Lennox, but have not recieved any help.
I am looking for some possable causes for this noise.
The unit has a hard start kit installed.
Liquid flooding the compressor has been suggested.
any help would be appreacaited

frederik79
13-08-2010, 07:05 PM
[quote=dr62220;199039]I am looking for some help concerning a Lennox Elite XC-16 home AC.
This is a 3 year old unit. I have had several problems including replacement of the scroll compressor last year.
My issue now is, when the unit starts ( usally in the morning ) it makes a loud "bang". Sometimes it vibrates. Later in the day it might be very quite.
I have tried contacting the installer and Lennox, but have not recieved any help.
I am looking for some possable causes for this noise.
The unit has a hard start kit installed.
Liquid flooding the compressor has been suggested.

hmmm the fisrt question why did the first compressor seas to exist :D

burn out oil ok ?
was the vac ok ?
does the compressor have a tracing , check valve ?
the "bang" only with starts ? or constantly ??
hmmm i would measure the sh,sc check if vents are working properly both condensing and evap...(coils clean?)
difficult to say from here whats wrong but want to help :)

maybe call another tech guy ;)

bigor_2
13-08-2010, 08:02 PM
1. Check overall performance a crankcase heater of compressor. Crankcase heater ON if compressor OFF and crankcase heater OFF if compressor ON.
2. Check air filter of indoor unit.