PDA

View Full Version : Samsung AQV12FAN Help please!!!

mrmarino
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
I have this unit almost 2 years. I havent refill coolant liquid (sorry for english) for 2nd time. First it started with a very anoying noise from the external unit! it sounds like the big fan hits something! very deep noise! second problem came today! It started to give less cold air...and started to blow normal tempreture air. Do i need to refill with this liquid *****? i suppose.... but today while i had it on fan mode sudenly first and third led blinked and then it turned off automaticaly! whats this? after this it starts up normally from remote,no startup problem now...but what hapened and it turned off by itself?

and please friends can anyone send me a service manual for aqv12fan ??? thanx a lot!!!
ps please help me cause here in greece technicians are not well trained and we have problems! thanx again

nike123
11-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Sorry to say this, but service manual will not help you if you are not trained service technician. You need special tools and knowledge how to work with them and pressurized system on live AC voltage without getting killed or making further damage to your equipment.

And you have search (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/search.php) option on this forum with plenty material on your subject.

mrmarino
11-08-2010, 08:07 PM
i am an electronic technician and i can understand somethings. i am installing security systems. i have alot of tools and thirst for knowledge. so please help me

nike123
11-08-2010, 08:54 PM
i am an electronic technician and i can understand somethings. i am installing security systems. i have alot of tools and thirst for knowledge. so please help me

So did you or did you not done anything with refrigerant. It is not clear from this sentence:

I havent refill coolant liquid (sorry for english) for 2nd time.What is time interval from first error (with noise) and second error (with no cooling and switching off by itself).

Measure your power supply voltage.

mrmarino
12-08-2010, 06:03 AM
i am not fixing airconditions my friend! but as i said with your help....and from my job i can understand if you explain to me to how do it alone. so i am asking for service manual to see exactly the internal circuits so to follow some instructions.
The noise from the external unit started a year ago.
the day before started to blow normal temprature air and not cooled air. and yesterday just for one moment while i had it on fan mode turned off! but it did it for one time. If i power on the unit it is working normal ( no cool air) but the modes working from remote.

nike123
12-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Does compressor and outdoor fan work when you set remote to cooling mode at minimum temperature?

mrmarino
21-08-2010, 03:57 PM
compressor is the unit inside the house? if yes...then yes! outdor fan and indoor unit works when i set it to the lowest temprature at cool mode...but no cool air! p.s. at the outdoor fan the pipes that give ***** to the indoor unit dont get cold. can u understand what i mean? first when it was working normally the pipe that gave ***** was very cold...now it doesent get cold. i believe that this is a sign that i ran out of *****. am i right?

back2space
25-08-2010, 03:07 AM
compressor is the unit inside the house? if yes...then yes! outdor fan and indoor unit works when i set it to the lowest temprature at cool mode...but no cool air! p.s. at the outdoor fan the pipes that give ***** to the indoor unit dont get cold. can u understand what i mean? first when it was working normally the pipe that gave ***** was very cold...now it doesent get cold. i believe that this is a sign that i ran out of *****. am i right?

THe compressor is the "motor" inside the outside unit.

This runs when the fan runs on the outdoor unit, if you put your ear close to the outdoor unit you should be able to hear the compressor it sounds a bit like a fridge would.

To me I think there is a fault with the compressor if you was low on gas then you would have reduced cooling out put but not nothing at all.

Cool Customer
29-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi seems like the capacitor to start the compressor has failed. switch off unit and isolate power supply, remove the outdoors cover and you will see the capacitor. Make a note of the wiring and the size of capacitor and replace it. Switch unit on and see if compressor runs in a few minutes