PDA

View Full Version : Caerrier chiller 30XA condensing leak

khun
11-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Hello All
We've carrier 30xa and we found a problem with condensing coil was leak.
1)Do you have this problem ?
2)Why it happen (only a year running)
3)How we can prevent this problem

Thans you for your advise
Khun

Davey 2 Pints
11-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi Khun
The 30XA chiller has the new style condeser coil fitted (the best way of describing its type is to compare it to that of the modern cars radiator, cast aluminium type).
You haven't mentioned where the coil has fractured, is it on one of the passes or the bolt-on entry/exit piping.
I would look at potetional causes of failure being vibration or manufacturing defect, bearing in mind the condenser passes have not been damaged.
The passes on that type of condenser could be easily damaged by an accidental strike as the cooling fins offer very little protection
Approach Carrier if it looks like a manufacturing defect and get thier verdict.

If I could offer my services to come and have a look I would, as I love your country, :o Phuket and Patong Beach was one of my most visited places on the globe.
Good luck..

khun
20-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Hello
Thank you for suggestion. It was leak on the passes (not on the entry/exit piping). What is could be a main defect of this problem.
Do you have any experiences or ever heard like this problem before ?
The condensing coil is very expensive.
We have been solved the problem by close the loop was leaked (its really hard to weld/close)
But we still need to change for long term running. I can't explained to my boss Why its happened and How to prevent this problem ?
??
Your answer is my appreciated
Khun
kkamlang@sjm.com

jhoger
20-08-2010, 06:15 AM
1 year. carriers warranty should cover that. they have got damaged in transit alot. carrier sell a special kit for fixing gas leaks on these condensers.

khun
23-08-2010, 05:41 AM
You mean the problem would related with the transprotation or defect from factory.

james10
23-08-2010, 05:51 PM
if the unit was damaged on delivery it should have been flagged on the delivery note by the person who accepted the chiller it is highly unlikely that it is factory fault after 1 year running

willow
24-08-2010, 07:32 PM
What you talkin about two pints!!!!!

khun
26-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Can someone give me a good explaination.
Why its happened ?
How to prevent this problem ?

Khun