PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone taking on service improvers in the west midland?

improver No1
10-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Iv got just over two years experience on supermarket ppm, I have my refrigeration nvq2, f-gas regs, brazing cert, and I'm half way through my electrical install level 2 which I do in my own time, I want to be a service improver not a maintenance engineer. Please pm me as I'm very keen and a fast learner.

Latte
10-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Can you go into youre user profile and allow private messages. I may have something for you but dont want to post it on a public forum.

Obviously with my RE hat back on, have a look at the jobs section on this site. gets updated fairly regulaly www.refrigeration-engineer.com/jobs and also might be worth registering an interest with some of the agencies (RHL normally fairly good)

Anyone, good luck with the job hunting

Regards

Latte

improver No1
10-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Iv spoken to my supervisor and I'm gonna be getting the training I need so thankfully I don't need to go anywhere and I can concentrate on moving forward within the company.

improver No1
22-09-2010, 10:13 PM
All I want to do is be good at my job! To work with someone who knows what there talking about and enjoys sharing there knowledge.

W.Miller
23-09-2010, 04:31 PM
A lot of senior engineers don't like sharing there knowledge, they forget how they learned. I feel for you. Good luck I hope you get the knowledge you need.

The other alternative is to apply for a job and lie about your ability and learn as you go. When your in the deep end you will pick it up quick

Toosh
23-09-2010, 07:16 PM
A lot of senior engineers don't like sharing there knowledge, they forget how they learned. I feel for you. Good luck I hope you get the knowledge you need.

The other alternative is to apply for a job and lie about your ability and learn as you go. When your in the deep end you will pick it up quick

Sure way to get caught out THEN WHAT :(

improver No1
23-09-2010, 07:46 PM
same old story I get promised all this training working with a senior engineer then once the summer is over back to square one!! if a pack shuts down I cant fix it all i can do is run it in back up, its not good enough in my mind and it shouldnt be in the companies!

W.Miller
23-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Sure way to get caught out THEN WHAT :(

What do you mean?

Toosh
24-09-2010, 01:32 AM
What do you mean?

You said to lie

W.Miller
24-09-2010, 01:55 AM
I would lie. Even if the job lasted 6 month that's 6 month experience he never had before. Just the way the world is.

improver No1
24-09-2010, 06:30 AM
I don't want to lie I will only get a bad name for myself and we all know that it will stick with me through my fridge career

Toosh
24-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't want to lie I will only get a bad name for myself and we all know that it will stick with me through my fridge career

Good thoughts and good luck

W.Miller
24-09-2010, 12:25 PM

True, I actually meant lie with in your limits.

Silhouette
24-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Hi Improver No1,
How's it going? Talk to your director if your manager is not helping.

improver No1
21-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi Silhouette, Iv tried my manager and got no joy plus I got briefed up by my ME that I must go through him first!

Silhouette
24-10-2010, 02:43 PM
As you say, Short sightedness on the managers behalf!!!
In response to your ME, I would tell him that he is not sorting it out so you will go higher than him!
Ever thought of turning to the Dark Side (projects)? But ask Glen what he thinks about his move first.

Hope it turns out ok for you.

improver No1
20-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi silhouette,

I definitely feel projects is a leap in the right direction and would relish the opportunity, as long as the training and support structure is in place I would happily take the challenge.

I will speak to glen on Monday.