PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo technical number needed

marc5180
10-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm working on a Sanyo dc inverter 410a twin system and for some reason the controller doesn't give me the option to select heat, I've changed the controller and indoor boards with others that are on site but nothing seems to work.
I've checked for dipswitches on the indoor that could have been changed but cant find any.

I've tried ringing Sanyo technical but the old guy has left and there is a new guy who can't help.

Does anyone have a number for Sanyo that have a technical department or any alsuggestions.

nike123
10-08-2010, 06:00 PM
On remote controller you should have reset button. Reset the remote while in range of indoor unit and try again.
That is known problem with some Chinese made non-inverter Sanyo units.

regcooldude
10-08-2010, 09:14 PM
try oceanair 08456590022 or sanyo 08456126368

techguy
11-08-2010, 12:26 AM
First marc what is the model reference of the unit>>
is it a PAC-i split system ???
Or Mini VRF??

There a few possibilities most likely one is the if it's a Pac-i split system set as a cooling only unit. This could be reason for no heat. Mind U changing the PCB's should have solved this providing the other units you took the PCB's from could heat and you re-addressed the PCB's to operate on the original outdoor units

Try the following. With the indoor units switched off on the remote controller press the
spanner/set /cancel buttons on the remote controller simultaniously for 4 seconds. This will allow you into the engineering codes(SANYO don't use dip switches on the indoor units it's all done electronically)

You should now see code 10 in the right hand section of the remote controller. Using the temperature control buttons press the down button until code OF is displayed.

Above the timer buttons the code Value will be displayed. if this is 0001 the unit is set as cooling only.
To reset this to heatpump use the clock down arrow to adjust this value to 0000. then press set button for 1second.

Press the unit button to carry out same procedure on the second indoor unit.

Finally press spanner button for one second to exit the detailled setting mode. After 30 seonds you will be able to restart the indoor unit and select heating#

If this does not help call me in SANYO Ireland Office 00353 1 4039900. ask for Tony.

jonjon
11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
check to make sure there is not a thermostat wired into the system as i have worked on a lot of systems were u have a thermostat controlling the sanyo remote

marc5180
11-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Hi all, thanks for the replies.

The model number is SPW-CR484GVH56.

I'm due to go back Fri morning so will try the things suggested and will update later on in the day.

dannycool
17-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I have a number for Sanyo, i haven't used it for a while so it may not be in use.
You could also try ICG in Stockport, they have a guy called Simon who knows his stuff.

Sanyo Technical - 08456126368
ICG - 01614294800