PDA

View Full Version : UK Driving

frank
31-05-2005, 08:57 PM
According to this I shouldn't be on the road :D http://www.2pass.co.uk/35test.htm

I failed both the theory and the practical :o

Brian_UK
31-05-2005, 11:11 PM
I failed both the theory and the practical :oOK Frank, get out of the way I'm coming through.....:D

Latte
31-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi Guys,

Got only one wrong on the PCV theory but four wrong on the car test.

perhaps this is telling me something about my career

regards

Fatboy

chemi-cool
01-06-2005, 03:58 AM
No wonder you fail, to start with, you drive on the wrong side of the road :D

Chemi :)

Brian_UK
01-06-2005, 10:51 PM
No wonder you fail, to start with, you drive on the wrong side of the road Sorry,.... is it our fault that you built your roads backwards ??

You must admit that having got most of the world to speak english we would be able to get them to move their bl**dy steering wheels as well.:cool:

chemi-cool
02-06-2005, 03:58 AM
Wrong again, most of the world speak Chinese. ;)

Chemi :)

Karl Hofmann
02-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Ahh, now I have studied Chinese in some detail, and after much consideration I have concluded that "Number thirty six with fried rice" is English :D

frank
02-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Ahh, now I have studied Chinese in some detail, and after much consideration I have concluded that "Number thirty six with fried rice" is English :D

Yes - but can the guy who delivers it pass the driving test? :D

Karl Hofmann
02-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Driving test?? :confused:

benncool
02-06-2005, 09:38 PM
In England is the driving license a national license? Over here each individual State issues the licenses and registers the vehicles. However, you can drive into other states unrestricted.

When we visited Barbados which was formerly a British territory we rented a car and had to drive on the left hand side. It was no problem until I came to an intersection and made a turn. Instintively I wanted to stay right. Which was alright unless a car was coming at you.

This is strange. We also stopped at the United States Virgin Islands. Most all of the cars were American made. The steering wheels were on the left. But you drove on the left hand side of the road like you were in England.

Latte
02-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Hi Benncool,

The official title of the UK Licence is the "European Community model formal licence"

Somebody at Swansea (UK Licence office) obviously got a back hander from Brussells to call it that.

This means you should be able to drive within the EU with no problems, obviously you have to abide by each countrys own rules and reg's (carrying first aid kit/triangle/spare bulbs) in most countries.

Hope this clarifies the situation

Regards

Fatboy

frank
03-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Driving test?? :confused:

As in the link site I posted :)

Karl Hofmann
06-06-2005, 07:52 AM
As in the link site I posted :)

Interesting concept, I don't think that it will catch on though :D