PDA

View Full Version : air in system

frankman
08-08-2010, 08:38 PM
if someone installs a split system and does not pull a vacum before opening king valves then the system has air in it for sure. is there a way to get the air out of it or is the refrigerant ruined and has to be replaced?

chemi-cool
08-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Has to be replaced.

And if the oil is POE, replace it as well.

nike123
08-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Has to be replaced.

And if the oil is POE, replace it as well.

Oil cannot be replaced easily.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=231428

It could be dried and neutralized with filter dryer like DCL from Danfoss.

frankman
08-08-2010, 11:11 PM
ok so it has to be replaced, i kind of figured that. now if i pull all this bad refrigerant out with my recovery machine then alot of oil will come out with it right. whats the best way if any to know im putting the right amount of oil back in? should i put the amount that the factory put in?it seems like some oil might be still in the system. will a little too much oil cause a problem?

nike123
08-08-2010, 11:47 PM
ok so it has to be replaced, i kind of figured that. now if i pull all this bad refrigerant out with my recovery machine then alot of oil will come out with it right.
Wrong! Only very small amount of oil will come out.

frankman
08-08-2010, 11:59 PM
ok so only a small amount of oil will be lost, thats good to know. so i can remove old refrigerant then maybe add some supco and possibly some acid-away to the new charge and that should probably take care of it then! thanks

sedgy
09-08-2010, 06:54 PM
hi , if you reclaim vapour only there will be very little oil removed you could even use the push pull method, <thats not a sex possition <

Peter_1
09-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Remove refrigerant, vacuum with a 2 stage pump the whole night and recharge with new refrigerant and correct amount.
I don't see any reason to change the oil also.
If you have a crankcase heater, then engage it also.
If I should have replaced all the oil in air contaminated systems, oh boy...
And Nike 123 is right, if your recover, why should the oil leave your system.
Sporlan dryers have also an acid neutralizing agent in their cores.