PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Wall mount, flashy light, no worky

monkey spanners
08-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Got a small wall mount to look at tomorrow, about 3.5kw size. Infra red remote.

Apparently the green light flashes on the unit and thats about it!

I seem to remember there was a way to use the remote to get the wall mount to flash a fault code.
Anybody clues as to how to do this and what the various flashes flashes mean?

Failing that any daikin tech numbers you can recommend?

Cheers Jon :)

frank
08-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Press the 'Mode' button and the Temp Up & Dn buttons at the same time until the dispaly reads 00
Then use the Temp up button to scroll through the first digit until the fan coil responds with the first code letter (different beep)
Use the Mode button to move across to the second 0 and repeat the Temp up button manouvre until the fan coil responds with the second fault code letter. :)

Text the fault code to 07797 801908 (Daikin Fault Line) for a quick explanation of the fault code

monkey spanners
08-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Great! I'll give it a try tomorrow and see what i get!

Cheers Jon :D

Andy AC
08-08-2010, 08:47 PM
On the newer ones, hold the timer cancel button until it goes into fault code mode, then keep pushing the timer cancel button once at a time to scroll through all the codes, when you get a long beep, thats your code.
Probably just needs a power down reset if you get U4.

Andy

monkey spanners
08-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Cheers Andy,

I'm not even sure how old the system is, we only get called every two years to service it as its in a private gym in a big country house, owners abroad half the time!

Cheers Jon :D

monkey spanners
09-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Well i got a fault code of E7 which is a fault with the out door fan motor, went out side and this is what i found...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5xobceVgKw

Jon :D

Tayters
09-08-2010, 04:23 PM
I'd have done me top button up to be sure though.

monkey spanners
09-08-2010, 10:46 PM
I'd have done me top button up to be sure though.

All the wasps seemed to be dead or maybe out for the day, or i'd have left well alone :D

Did get bit by a horse fly though, which led me to find a new use for easy clean spray :(

Jon :)

Tayters
10-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Did you sting them with a large bill?

Cheers,

Andy.