PDA

View Full Version : maneurop r22

devlin maguire
08-08-2010, 05:48 PM
H i all I have a comp to change on a DX system on R22 as it is in a non running state I have a few things to figure out I have located a replacement comp that will run 22 in the meantime, now the system takes a charge of 44 Kilo any one got an idea of the standing pressure, as the comp has a leaking roto lock LS valve which is peeing oil this will be getting replaced , Now any way I can seal off the system to change this valve or is it a case of gas out if not it will have to run under monitor till the autunm when the demand drops this will be the time to change to Isceon 59 this will I have been told will operate perfectly with the mineral oil do you guys concur
Cheers Dev

sedgy
08-08-2010, 06:21 PM
devlin, you have a system thats leaking you are going to have to re- claim the gas to do the job of changing the comp, so why not do that now?< then you wont loose any nasty r22<
leaking rotalock valve? where is the leak,on the brazed joint on the pipe to the valve ,or on the stuffing gland, can you tighten it up ?
you ask what is the standing psi. it may depend on the temp? I will have to look at my campariter to tell you that,
or can you farward seat both liquid + suction valves, then you will ONLY loose gas from the cond, unit< or you could vac out a r22 bottle and put a line from the cond unit onto the said bottle and loose very little r22

devlin maguire
08-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi Sedgy the valve is in a vertical position and leaks from the stem you only have to touch it for it to leak from the low side service port I will have to recover from the comp and condenser frame as it;s a double sided job and will contain a lot of 22 I have not had a good look at the underside IE the stem to see if its tightenable but my thoughts are it's knacked and thanks for your reply any more thoughts are welcome,
Dev

devlin maguire
09-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi Valve has now stopped leaking the gland nut was loose (thanks sedgy) new comp arriving mid week, asI know nothing of this installs history other that the original charge 44 kilos R22 what would I expect pressure wise on both sides a ball park figure would give me a baseline It's a Dx system with a pipe run of 15 metres This is the first large system I have worked onI am more at home with cellars and walk ins so I would really appreciate some help
Dev

Tayters
09-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Delvin,

From my limited R22 AC experience:

Low side 55-60psig (-1 to 1*C)
High Side 200 psig (ish. Condensing around the 40*C mark)

Whe recharging with MO59 then final charge is normally about 90% of the R22 amount.
The oil return is achieved by having a small amount (1 or 2%) of a HC which mixes with the mineral oil well and carries it back from the evaporator.

Standing charge from a comparator at 20*C is a nats danglies below 120psig.

Hope that help,

Cheers,
Andy.

devlin maguire
09-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Cheers tayters most helpfull
Dev