PDA

View Full Version : Humidity Control for fresh fruit cold room

mechman
08-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi
what is the options for humidity control in vegetables and fruit coldrooms?
How do I limit de-humidifications by means of the coils?

where acan I find guides on the subject?

B G Scott
08-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Select the coils to have the calculated capacity with minimum TD you can apply.
It will be a good idea if the installation is a large one to get the coils custom built so the tube configuration can give you the best air flow which will also need to be as low as possible whilst satisfying the design capacity criteria.

mechman
08-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Thks! where can i find info on humidification system to ensure 95% RH ?

B G Scott
08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Contact your cooler company, give them the details of your application.
Check that you have the full system cooling load so that you can provide them with all the information to allow them to design the cooling coils with correct surface area to enable the system to function with a narrow TD and low air flow to minimise the dehumidification within your store.

lawrence1
08-08-2010, 10:49 PM
mechman,
you could fit a humidifier with electronic control if you don't want to modify your plant.Huumidifier would need water supply and of course power....Carel do a small and a larger one which both work very well.

Controlsguy
09-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Mechman, the Carel Humidisk65 sounds ideal for this application, it will provide up to 6.5kg/hr moisture back into the room. You will need to do a calculation to see if just 1x would be enough. Alternatively, good results can also be achieved by installing electronic expansion valves, to get much better control + consistantly lower superheat.

mad fridgie
09-08-2010, 09:19 AM
you can use a hydro cooler
Basically your air passes through chilled water (like a cooling tower as far as looks)
These normally have bourdon tube evap in a water tank at the bottom of the unit, water is pumped up and sprayed through the air flow, the water fall back into the tank, and chilled

mikeref
05-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Mechman, what is the size of the room? If it is small enough, fit larger refrigeration equipment to chill faster, less cooling time/less dehumidification, then again you want 95% RH.?