PDA

View Full Version : Sanden 7 series compressor help

540itouring
07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi , my jaguar has a sanden SD7H15 compressor fitted and has a oil leak from the front of the compressor. I have removed the unit and removed the clutch and pulley to see where the oil came from. the front shaft seal is perfect and i found that the leak is from the front nose / plate assy where it joins the crank case. I removed the front plate assy and found the cause is a large rubber O ring that has stretched to a larger size. The SANDEN manual does not give any info on this O ring replacement only the HEAD end of the compressor. The seal looks easy to replace but do not know what totque the front bolts should be set to. Also other than damage people may cause inside these compressors does any one know why they do not give details of replacing this large O ring ? . The inside of the compressor looks fine so would think a new seal would last ? Any members got any info / advice on torque of front bolts etc. Thanks for all your help in advance.

malkiaizrod
07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Do you know this manual

sanden support service manual

gorktrade
07-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I can send you only, assembly of it , in blueprint.

Regards.

540itouring
07-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Do you know this manual

sanden support service manual

yes that is the manual i have. the manual gives oil details and all work that can be done on the cylinder head (back of the unit)

The manual says this...

Pinching or extrusion of front housing O-ring – non-repairable.

Why does it say this as i have been able to order a seal set for this compressor but could be made by a aftermarket supplier but says its OEM Quality .
So i have no idea why it says that and also no Torque settings. I understand the O-ring can not be repaired but why not replaced ?

malkiaizrod
07-08-2010, 07:00 PM
In this situation I use torque for the same size bolts i think this is 2.0Nm about o-ring you couldn't find from sanden. I will search older manual which is bigger about 70 pages and will send it

540itouring
07-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi , sorry what do you mean blueprint ? have you a pdf or a email ? and does it give torque settings ? thanks

540itouring
07-08-2010, 07:05 PM
In this situation I use torque for the same size bolts i think this is 2.0Nm about o-ring you couldn't find from sanden. I will search older manual which is bigger about 70 pages and will send it

Thank you very much for your help. the O-ring is quite large and has 8 bolts holding the front plate on

540itouring
07-08-2010, 07:25 PM
I have measured the bolts and they are 10mm heads with a thread length of 18mm and has eight of them to compress the gasket / hold front assy to crankcase.

gorktrade
08-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi , sorry what do you mean blueprint ? have you a pdf or a email ? and does it give torque settings ? thanks

Hi, this what i have.
Will be ,glad if it will help you.

Regards.

540itouring
08-08-2010, 09:45 PM
H , thank you very much for that as it will help in reassembly . I have ordered a seal kit from ebay and have been emailled info of 15 to 18 ft pounds. Does that sound ok to other members ?

Thanks for all your help.

540itouring
12-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi , i have removed the clutch and front part of the compressor and replaced the O-Ring and reassembled. I have not removed the head or done any think with the pistons / head section. With the compressor standing on the bench for a while if iturn the drive plate a few times clockwise the output port has pressure but after a few more turns the pressure goes !. If i let the compressor stand for a while the output has pressure again and then goes. Is this due to oil etc ? Could this be normal until the compressor is back in the car and vac , oil and recharged ? Before the compressor was removed the compressor output pipe was hot and was low in charge and so no cole return to the comp input. The pump was also low in oil but when i looked inside the comp it was very clean and looked new. Do you think this comp would be worth refitting to test on the car or best to replace it ? I also have a compressor from a FORD Ka 1.3 and with the same test the ford pump has more pressure. The sanden comp turns smooth and no nois when it was on the car and by hand. I would think the only real test would be back on the car but would like your advice please.

BRM
12-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Sanden compressors are only a few hundred dollars , just replace it
ben

540itouring
14-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi , i got a new compressor but when i did the same test on the bench it also had no much compression. I then fitted the old compressor of which i had replaced the main front rubber O-RING and condenser and seals etc. I have just had the system recharged and it all works fine with no oil leaks after running the car for about two hours . So i can now confirm that you can not bench test this type of compressor . It may be that it requires a pressure or more speed ?

So car works perfect and i now have a spare new SDH715 in stock !