PDA

View Full Version : can anyone give me any info about space engineering services

cold.man
06-08-2010, 10:31 PM
i am looking at a job with space engineering services i have not applied yet but can anyone give me a heads up on what they are like to work for.

as far as i know they do

tesco and sainsburys i am right in saying this

coolhibby1875
07-08-2010, 10:40 AM
no doubt they are the same as anyone else who does sainsburys and tesco! stressed, overworked,undervalued and underpaid.

sedgy
07-08-2010, 12:47 PM
hi cold man , I cannot think of a worse enviroment, or their ingnoramos attitude by their management teams or at any other sector. I would rather sweep the roads than be enployed in the job you enquired about , but all the best
the above comments where about the stores < tesco+ such,< not the fridge firm ,

Quality
07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Supermarket commercial is crap anyway

suctionheader
07-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Space are the best refrigeration company in the U.K., they pay the best wages, look after there engineers and ensure you spend more time at home with your loved ones.

julius Geezer
07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Space are the best refrigeration company in the U.K., they pay the best wages, look after there engineers and ensure you spend more time at home with your Magic Mushrooms.
Fixed .....!

coolhibby1875
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Space are the best refrigeration company in the U.K., they pay the best wages, look after there engineers and ensure you spend more time at home with your loved ones.

first ime i have heard that about them,you must be the blue eyed boy:D

spacegod
08-08-2010, 10:27 AM
I work for space and as you have probably read there is some bad things about space but also there are a lot of good things like a 48 hour shift and then that's it if you want it to be. A very good salary for what you do and if you are a good engineer you will get on fine and the management leave you alone
Like I always say you don't know until you try it but I challange you to find a better package at a different company

cold.man
08-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I work for space and as you have probably read there is some bad things about space but also there are a lot of good things like a 48 hour shift and then that's it if you want it to be. A very good salary for what you do and if you are a good engineer you will get on fine and the management leave you alone
Like I always say you don't know until you try it but I challange you to find a better package at a different company

hi spacegod

with the 48 hour week is it a salary wage or is there ot to earn also if you dont mind me asking

Grizzly
08-08-2010, 11:18 AM

You are a rare commodity spacegod!
Because you are "Happy with your Lot!"
It's a nice place to be when you are there.
Sadly that equilibrium is rarely maintained!
Space have changed the terms and conditions recently I believe?
A hard situation for anyone to rationalise.
If it is any consolation to those struggling to accept the changes.
You are not alone!
There are large parts of our industry changing at the moment.
It seems the larger the company the worse the situation.
let's hope for all it does not last to long,
So if you are happy "count you Blessings"!
Grizzly

julius Geezer
08-08-2010, 11:48 AM

Can you explain the week of lates then , which can work out at 126 hr week for no extra pay...?
As for the "Very good salary" That only applies if you know someone in management !
There are a few people who have got lucrative positions at Space who haven't even served a recognised apprenticeship......!

Spencer.Guy
08-08-2010, 10:27 PM
also there are a lot of good things like a 48 hour shift and then that's it if you want it to be.

Can you explain the week of lates then , which can work out at 126 hr week for no extra pay...?

The answer to that is above, 126hrs would never be worked, unless you are stupid enough to do it.

There are a few people who have got lucrative positions at Space who haven't even served a recognised apprenticeship......!

Same applies in a lot of organisations.

My experience is that in most cases a good Engineer doesn't make a good Manager but a Manager with some experience of the skills he / she is managing is a good thing.

@

spacemanmark
09-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Cold.man

Please feel free to PM me any qustions you may have.

Kind regards

Mark Woods
Space Engineering Services

Brian_UK
09-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Lets keep it polite please gentlemen.

Heresay is a open door.

Thanks.