PDA

View Full Version : A8 Series pressure regulator

stewss7
06-08-2010, 04:02 PM
I installed a new refrigerant to water heat exchanger on an existing 3 compressor rack. I'm using 404A. Can anyone give me a ballpark number I should shoot for as far as pressure drop across my A8 pressure regulator. 1 5/8 x 1 5/8. The reclaim is in series with the air cooled condenser.

Mark
06-08-2010, 05:37 PM
stewss7

Welcome to the forum, is the attached document the valve in question?

Mark

stewss7
06-08-2010, 06:19 PM
That's the one...A8-2. I have the sporlan spec sheet but it doesn't mention a reccommended Pressure set point.

rtamayo
08-08-2010, 04:35 AM
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRONEL%5CCONFIG%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:ES-PE; mso-no-proof:yes;} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabla normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I suppose that you are talking about a system of a supermarket or similar system; your air condenser should have more than one fan with controls of capacity, it will help to avoid overcool the refrigerant; but if you have too much flow of water in the revovery heat exchanger or a cold day the A8 will help you; is the A8 installed as condenser by pass regulator? (between the discharge line and the liquid line before the receiver) then the drop pressure in the A8 will be the same to the drop pressure in the air condenser before that you installed the recovery heat exchanger; I suggest you looking for that information and you could find the answer that you need .<o:p></o:p>

stewss7
08-08-2010, 08:52 PM
The heat exchanger/A8 is in series with the condenser. The rack has one condenser with five fans, all of which are VFD controlled by pressure.

joe magee
01-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Being that it is a holdback valve. How high do you want to raise your head pressure? That's a tough one. I have used them on store heat reclaims but never for water. What water temp are you looking for 130 ? I have seen water heat reclaim tanks but never one with a holdback valve. Seems like a huge energy hog. I would leave it wide open then gradually adjust for temp.Good luck