i,m going to install a daikin ht altherma in my house
does anyone know what they,re like?

monkey spanners
05-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Big metal box type thing with some motors and pipes and wires in :D

Don't know never fitted one!

frank
05-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Quick to heat up and pretty solid piece of kit.

Indoor box can be a little noisey at night if you put it close to the bedrooms. Make sure that you install AV's and flexi connections on the pipework to minimise the vibration travelling.

brunstar
06-08-2010, 08:37 PM
pretty damn good for hot water and Rads...

sumsor
07-08-2010, 08:49 AM
i,m going to install a daikin ht altherma in my house
does anyone know what they,re like?

Hi there,
Daikin makes good gear, just make sure the unit is sized correctly and has got enough capacity to perform even on the coldest days.
There are a few different set ups, rads only, rads and domestic hot water and also solar, it might save you some money in the long run to spend some more and go for the solar option.

Sumsor

styrman
09-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi, got one in April... so first winter ahead. So can't say much about heating, however Hot water for a family of four consumes 180kW/month including stand by power consumption, 100W/h.
For you that who... is minimum 3m connection lenghts requirement a must, between inner /outer unit? No exceptions apply?

Cheers

Robert

styrman
09-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi, got one in April... so first winter ahead. So can't say much about heating, however Hot water for a family of four consumes 180kW/month including stand by power consumption, 100W/h.
For you that knows... is minimum 3m connection lenghts requirement a must, between inner /outer unit? No exceptions apply?

Cheers

Robert

Had to correct last sentences:o

refcon32
10-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Daikin is the market leader in this equipment. Depending whether you want hot water or hot water and heating. Natural gas boiler will be cheaper to run at this time. maybe in a few years it might work out cheaper. Daiken has a site called Daiken extranet, which you have to register for, and this site will give you more info. good luck

styrman
10-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Daikin is the market leader in this equipment. Depending whether you want hot water or hot water and heating. Natural gas boiler will be cheaper to run at this time. maybe in a few years it might work out cheaper. Daiken has a site called Daiken extranet, which you have to register for, and this site will give you more info. good luck

Hm... can you register just being an owner...
not having a registered A/C -Heat pump business?

Think I tried once on UK site... did not work out...

Cheers

Robert

frank
10-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Hm... can you register just being an owner...
not having a registered A/C -Heat pump business?

Think I tried once on UK site... did not work out...

Cheers

Robert
You are only talking to a computer Robert when you sign up so if you you have to make up a ficticious company to register.....I won't tell :D

styrman
11-10-2010, 04:37 AM
You are only talking to a computer Robert when you sign up so if you you have to make up a ficticious company to register.....I won't tell :D

:cool:, ok... so there is this Styrman Industries . Ltd:D

will see if I get a reply from Daikin Sweden... if not...
I give UK a go... again .

Thank's