PDA

View Full Version : DAIKIN fan coil speed

Chillybilly
05-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Got one 1 fan coil on daikin VRV.Replaced the fan motor a week ago and now it will only fun at max speed ,irrespective of what the central Dakin controller is set at (Low/high).The other units in the group seem to be doing all that they should

Any ideas??

frank
05-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Model numbers might help????

Crash Pilot
05-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Problem with the hall ic cable. Make sure fan wires are separated from 240v power cables in unit. This will cause a problem especially on wall hungs. Try re-routing fan motor cables away from any oher cables.

brunstar
06-08-2010, 09:37 PM
if the motor was replaced with the unit turned off but the power on then you may have damaged the fan motor or the board could be faulty.
I would agree with the induced voltage approach though.
What was wrong with the initial fan motor?

Mentallist
08-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Can you advise model number.

To me this sounds like PCB damage caused by over current of motor or poor electrical connection damaging the Triac of the PCB. Sounds like you have an older unit, not latest inverter fan model.Does the motor run the moment the power is applied in high speed even if remote controller is off. If so, then TRiac has failed allowing full voltage to motor, so speed and on/off cannot be controlled.

Chillybilly
09-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks for all the help with this chaps .
I have left my little book on site which has the model details in it ,TYPICAL.
I am predominately fridge but am currently on this manned site faced with this manned site part of which is a multi coil VRV systems 12 in all .Cieling units ducted ,forced air feed ,and all exposed ie no false cieling ,which is nice .

Happy to learn ,and there seems to be plenty !!!
To the job ,the original fan was failed by another and i was asked to fit the new,i believe the initial complaint was due to "noise" .Fitted the new one ordered by another ,wired it up as per the original .
The system is controlled by numerous Daikin front end controls with multi systems on each ,there is no remote control facility .The daikin front ends are in turn "influenced"by the front end BMS computer .The bms seems to be intermittent for what aspects it will control ,this varies from coil to coil ,irrespective of whether they are master or slave .
The only adjustment for the fan within the control is High or Low so i assume the fan is not inverter driven
The fan does delay on start up and then kicks in on full tilt ,the other coils seem to delay but then do start on Low speed .
regards the induced voltage question i can see how this would be an issue ,the power feed into the FCU is toward the bottom of the board and away from where the fan motor wires are ,the fan wires are just long enough to make the board .
I have a new PCB on order as i had to make a move on the job to keep the FMs at bay ,when it arrives i will have another session with it in bits .
Thanks for all your advice ,and i will rport what i find .
Any further sugestions /ideas welcome
Cheers

Chillybilly
10-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Fitted the new board today ,and all is well .On inspection of the old board there was some pretty hefty track damage .I can only assume this was affecting the fan performance .Thanks for all your advice and help .It is genuinely appreciated .

Crash Pilot
10-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Good to hear it is sorted.
Thanks for posting the end result.