PDA

View Full Version : Daikin iTouch Schedules

Ascott69
03-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi,does anyone know if there is an easy way to set a countdown timer on a group or zone with an itouch controller.The customer wants to set his bedroom unit to stop 1 hour after going to bed.Any help would be appreciated.

ktm
03-08-2010, 11:39 AM
What series itouch is it? A, b or c?

ktm
03-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't think there is any way of doing that. Could try put in a couple of stop times in. So if the user comes into the room and turns the unit on it will go off at the next off time?

Sorry couldn't b more help il check my books tonight when I get in.

ktm
03-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey just had another idea could u fit a switch on the wall in the room like a light switch and then have that activate a timer and after I hour have that turn the indoor off using the forced off terminals t1 and t2. Might b an option. Just don't know of an itouch with a timer. Let us know how u get on.

Crash Pilot
03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
If it is just one fancoil or group then I would go with KTM's idea. Only change I would make is instead of a switch on the wall I would run the T1 T2 through a N /O contact on a time clock. So after hours the time clock relay closes and shuts down the unit and also activates the timer circuit.
You would also need a KRP1B5X option card for a run signal output.
Then if you press the on button on the controller the delay timer is activated by the KRP1B5X output. Then it times out and closes T1 T2. Hard to explain and more wiring but will work.

A real simply solution is to just put a second off time in the schedule.

Ascott69
04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the replies.Like the idea of the option card,I can see how that would work.trying very hard to convince owner to simply set off times on his itouch

brunstar
04-08-2010, 08:57 PM
yeah i think that off times every hour would be the easiest and cheapest option really.
He just has to make sure he goes to bed on the hour....lol

Crash Pilot
05-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Ascott69

Way I look at it is if he can afford to have an Itouch in a domestic application he can afford to pay you a service call every day to-
- come over
- tuck him in
- kiss him on the forehead
-Turn the aircon off
:-)

brunstar
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Crash pilot, love it! don't know about kissing the customer though..
By the looks of it you would not have to charge to travel to his site as your location is under his bed already....lol