PDA

View Full Version : sllongtransport

sllongtransport
02-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I have a Thermo king sbiii max that keeps shutting down on alr 66 low engine oil we changed the oil and filter level is good. I also disconnected the oil sending unit, the pressure sensor, and also the low level sensor one at a time trying to elimanate one as the problem. None of this worked. Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful. Also would anyone have a service manual for this model. The unit sat for about three years before i bought it..

FREEZER1970
03-08-2010, 10:44 PM
i had a problem like this a couple of years ago,it was on a thermoking SL 300 unit,i cant remember the exact details,but i traced the oil level sensor wires back to the microprocesser and then to the relay board,the problem was caused by a defective relay board,sorry if im a bit vague,but it was a while ago and my memorys not what it was (lol)
hope this helps you sort out your problem

MRW
05-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Hi Mr freezer 1970,i believe i helped you with this problem and if i remember correctly it was a defective micro,and i know you memory is going ,i think its down to the ageing process

gravy258
05-08-2010, 09:40 AM
the oil level sensor is controlled by the micro, doesn't need a relay to operate a sensor.
By unplugging the sensor the code should clear. If not try this:

On the wire look for the letters on them that signify there purpose. three letters normally. Then at the micro, check all the wires on all the plugs till you find the same two wires. Cut them(so they can be re soldered).
If the code clears, run some new wire to the oil level sensor(if you want it to work). All good.
If the code still persists, it'll be a fault with the micro.

sllongtransport
18-08-2010, 09:49 PM
I have replaced the oil sensor,the level shutdown switch, and the oil pressure switch still shutting down for code 66 low oil level..Would there be anything else i could check before buying a new micro?