PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at this

botrous
25-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Did that escaped me ? or I am up to date and this is a new product ?
Please let me know
http://www.autocool-refrigerants.com/envirosafe_tech.htm

Brian_UK
25-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Looks kind of interesting but as it's an American dropin for vehicles I don't see it shipping across the world yet.

It would be nice to see the actual makeup of the components but they probably call that a 'trade secret'.

botrous
26-05-2005, 01:05 PM
So after all I am uptodate :):):):)

BritCit_Juve
21-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Reads to me like a repackaged Care refrigerant.
Just don't get a leak in the woods you wouldn't notice the pine additive

Brit

Johnny Rod
22-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Send me soem and I'll tell you. It's got a boiling point between isobutane and propane so probably a blend. Don't believe the ridiculously high autoignition temp though. No safety sheets on there? Still, safe from tumours on the testes.

botrous
22-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Well jhonny all what i know about that product , is what u have read ay yjeir webpage sorry

benijoseph
22-07-2005, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Johnny Rod]. It's got a boiling point between isobutane and propane so probably a blend. Don't believe the ridiculously high autoignition temp though. No safety sheets on there

U R right Mr Rod, I am using 50/50 blend since last one year, in my experiance it is found that , if oil is not changed , compressor seems to get jammed, we cut a jammed compressor to see what part is getting stuck, we found that bore and piston! so we send oil to analyse what went wrong with the oil, it was found that oil lost it viscousity due to mixing of R12 & HCblend , we have seen that if oil is not changed 50% compressor is jammed or all moving parts worns out, it is a real experiance , BUT THIS COMPANY DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS it means product is not tried well!
All the best for the company!
beni joseph,

Karl Hofmann
23-07-2005, 01:51 AM
The US automotive market is choc full of Hydrocarbon refrigerants that are sold as a direct drop in for R12. They have been banned in many states. Just another way that our colonial brothers have found to kill themselves.

There was an article on this site some time ago regarding two Austrailians who toasted themselves while testing the safety of a similar product by filling the interior of a car with this refrigerant and then igniting it :eek:

botrous
23-07-2005, 08:33 AM
holly **** , what were they trying to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karl Hofmann
23-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Here you go Botrous, this is the link to that thread

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2615

botrous
23-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks Karl ........................... I've read the pdf file , sorry for the injuries . i think that such a thing should be tested by the Myth Busters Shown at the Discovery Channel :cool:

chemi-cool
23-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Good idea Botrous,
Send them the details.

Chemi :)

botrous
23-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Do you watch the show Chemy ???