PDA

View Full Version : German engineering

leegally1983
30-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I recently went to Germany to try and solve a fault with a problematic system and found the condenser fan strapped in place with duct tape. I thought they were known for good engineering!!

chemi-cool
30-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Its called ingenuity. :rolleyes:

monkey spanners
30-07-2010, 04:36 PM
It would be very high quality TUV aproved duct tape :D

CHIEF DELPAC
30-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Its a Red Green repair

Peter_1
30-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Such a repairs has nothing to do with the country but with the person who did this. It could be done this way by a UK citizen

coolstuf
30-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Do not mention ze war:D

joe magee
01-08-2010, 04:36 AM
Germany, Great tools, lousy food, decent looking women. Just my opinion.

NoNickName
01-08-2010, 07:17 AM

Says who :D

lowcool
03-08-2010, 04:22 AM
must have run out of cable ties i reckon.

Peter_1
03-08-2010, 08:21 AM

Lousy food saying someone from the US? You must be joking :p

old gas bottle
04-08-2010, 07:13 PM
thats what happens when you take the border controls away.:D

wulff
03-09-2010, 02:48 AM
My ancestral roots are in Germany .. good food, good cars, pretty women... and like someone else said, it doesn't matter where you are you will find people that are of the duct-tape crowd! Don't forget, duct tape and American ingenuity (and a lot of Germans working at NASA) brought Apollo 13 back home safe! LOL!!!
(the duct tape was used to make a CO2 scrubber!)

NoNickName
03-09-2010, 11:02 AM
There is no such a thing as good food in Germany, come on. Yes, they are not eating junk like americans, but way to go to be defined good.

Fri3Oil System
03-09-2010, 11:08 AM
We all have American"cuisine" restaurants in all our countries... but try to find German restaurants out of Germany.

In my place there is a place called "the Farm of the German guy", and the guy, a very friendly and huge German chap, serves Spanish tapas with German beers and sausages... so the mix is yummy nice :)

wulff
05-09-2010, 06:05 AM
You are so right, those who say German food is lousy hasn't had the 'real deal' it's like going to Taco Bell and saying it's authentic Mexican food!!! LOL!!
I'm not a beer drinker (which my friends make fun of since my German heritage) but I can really make good Sauerkraut and brats!

paul_h
05-09-2010, 11:38 AM
It would be very high quality TUV aproved duct tape :D

Its a Red Green repair

:D :D

I would have used waffle pad and silicone to hold the motor in the mounts. That's the australian way :)

CHIEF DELPAC
05-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Paul h Red Green being a semi famous national icon in canada [ at least in his own mind ] Would be disappointed in your ideal repair. Mainly because you needed two expensive items to do the repair And my hero Red Green would only need one roll of inexpensive duck? or is it duct? tape. C.D..

nike123
05-09-2010, 07:35 PM
German sausages
German Beer
German pork roles
German potatoes
German cars
German Autobahn (no speed limit)
German Oktoberfest
German Underberg
German Asbach Uralt
Most of things with "Made in Germany" as oppose to made in PRC.

:D

See the pattern!

NH3LVR
05-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Lousy food saying someone from the US? You must be joking :p

We have excellent food in the US! Italian, French, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Mexican etc. Closest I have seen to English is Pub food.
But what do they serve in American"cuisine" restaurants anyway?

wulff
06-09-2010, 05:54 AM
We have excellent food in the US! Italian, French, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Mexican etc. Closest I have seen to English is Pub food.
But what do they serve in American"cuisine" restaurants anyway?
We do indeed have excellent food in the United States, I was born in California and I will say I haven't seen a place that has more pretty girls than the gold coast!
I'm not talking phony 'Baywatch-types" made up in Hollywood, I mean even the small towns as well... that is what I miss most... LOL!!
Okay, okay..... I don't want to start a world war that could be traced back to this thread and me :o as I've seen a lot of pretty girls the world over.. (it's just that we happen to have the cutest, that's all!!! :D

CHIEF DELPAC
06-09-2010, 03:14 PM
We do indeed have excellent food in the United States, I was born in California and I will say I haven't seen a place that has more pretty girls than the gold coast!
I'm not talking phony 'Baywatch-types" made up in Hollywood, I mean even the small towns as well... that is what I miss most... LOL!!
Okay, okay..... I don't want to start a world war that could be traced back to this thread and me :o as I've seen a lot of pretty girls the world over.. (it's just that we happen to have the cutest, that's all!!! :D As proved by the Beach Boys hit California Girls. C.D.

clivemtk
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
There is no such a thing as good food in Germany, come on. Yes, they are not eating junk like americans, but way to go to be defined good.
trying going to germany and try the food they have michelin star restaurants kebab shops even fish and chips dont go for a away day tour germany like any other country

NH3LVR
07-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Sorry to be a nag, but as I wondered before, what is served in "American Cusine" restaurants?

Karl Hofmann
07-09-2010, 11:21 PM
German sausages
German Beer
German pork roles
German potatoes
German cars
German Autobahn (no speed limit)
German Oktoberfest
German Underberg
German Asbach Uralt
Most of things with "Made in Germany" as oppose to made in PRC.

:D

See the pattern!
I think that my butcher might have a few words about the superiority of the German sausage, his are hand made and are superb

Lol.... Much as I love German beer, I also love English beer, Not the mass produced garbage but the beers and ales that are made in small local breweries.

Potatoes... The yellow spuds that have a flowery texture and are great with goulash

I'm afraid that the quality of German cars is in the toilet... The rot seems to have started when BMW bought Rover... NO German car would tempt me away from my Lexus and my VW van develops a new fault every other month

At the moment , I'm told that the Autobahn system is one huge contraflow and last time I drove on it there were huge stretches of autobahn that was restricted.

Asbach?.... Pull up a chair, now you are talking!

American cuisine???? Two words that are poles apart:p

NH3LVR
08-09-2010, 01:31 AM
I replied to this from work, but for some reason it did not show up.
I hate to be a nag, but what is served in restaurants as "America Cuisine"? I have allways wondered about that.

NoNickName
08-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Sausages and kebap are not to be considered cuisine. Neither hamburger is.
Cuisine is something to be created from basic ingredients, having a bouquet of tastes, not a crush of [put your animal here] meat and salt.

Fri3Oil System
08-09-2010, 07:42 AM
NNN seems to have never cooked... even a hamburger is not just meat and salt, at least here we made them with parsley, garlic, eggs... don't want to entry in a food-world-war, I love Italian food, but, everywhere you find excellent stuff... except in England :) German food is quite nice as well, haven't you tried the Elbows with sauerkraut?

Karl Hofmann
08-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Lol.... Well I guess that it is down to a Kraut to defend English food.... It is sad and true that the food in the UK can be pretty poor, many pubs are run by large chains who supply their pubs with pre prepared frozen food that they simply reheat and serve. Similarly much of the food that is sold in the large supermarkets is pretty dire and don't even ask what they mince up to make donner meat.... However there are still lots of good places to buy superb quality, locally grown vegetables, fruit and meat.. I will accept that English food is not as flamboyant as Italian or French and is more inline with German food which I prefer to describe as good solid food, to be eaten with a good beer:D

djbe
26-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Lol.... Well I guess that it is down to a Kraut to defend English food.... It is sad and true that the food in the UK can be pretty poor, many pubs are run by large chains who supply their pubs with pre prepared frozen food that they simply reheat and serve. Similarly much of the food that is sold in the large supermarkets is pretty dire and don't even ask what they mince up to make donner meat.... However there are still lots of good places to buy superb quality, locally grown vegetables, fruit and meat.. I will accept that English food is not as flamboyant as Italian or French and is more inline with German food which I prefer to describe as good solid food, to be eaten with a good beer:D

Spot on Karl.

coolstuf
27-12-2010, 02:23 PM
I like German food, not too sure about Germans:D
Equipment seems over engineered and expensive.

nike123
27-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I like German food, not too sure about Germans:D
Equipment seems over engineered and expensive.

Then you must worship Chinese. Their products are inexpensive and under engineered.
:p and 90% food is fried in suspicious quality oil.

coolstuf
27-12-2010, 09:31 PM
I like Chinese, but I couldn't eat a whole one:D

bishtmaster
12-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Chinese are good but their products cannot be relied. Indians are too good at Engineering level. They are really hardworking and can be trusted.

Refrigeration Service (http://www.carltonservices.co.uk/service/refrigeration/refrigeration-repair-service/)

MikeHolm
24-04-2011, 10:10 PM
My ancestral roots are in Germany .. good food, good cars, pretty women... and like someone else said, it doesn't matter where you are you will find people that are of the duct-tape crowd! Don't forget, duct tape and American ingenuity (and a lot of Germans working at NASA) brought Apollo 13 back home safe! LOL!!!
(the duct tape was used to make a CO2 scrubber!)

Sorry dude, that was the Canadian engineers from the Avro Arrow that brought Apollo home safe. Everyone here knows that....

MikeHolm
24-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Paul h Red Green being a semi famous national icon in canada [ at least in his own mind ] Would be disappointed in your ideal repair. Mainly because you needed two expensive items to do the repair And my hero Red Green would only need one roll of inexpensive duck? or is it duct? tape. C.D..

Fellows, This youtube video demostrates how DUCT tape is to be used, and how best to cook the ideal North American cuisine. Red Green has a lot of other engineering solutions for your enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lplt4Czezg

SeanB
27-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I have seen a floor mounting interior fan being used as a condenser fan...............

Scary is that it did work quite well.