PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Problem

bobuphill
29-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Hi there, apologies if this is in the wrong place. I am visiting my Father in France at the minute, he has a daikin ry35d outside and a daikin fhb35 inside. He has just bought the property and the air con doesnt work properly. When the system is turned on it all comes to life, the external unit spins up and sounds good, and the internal unit sounds like it is working, however...on inspection it is not kicking hardly any air out of the vent. The filters are fine and clear. Any ideas, its just he has spoken to the local aircon shop and they are busy until October.

Any easy ideas please guys, cheers

Crash Pilot
29-07-2010, 01:04 PM
If your running on Heating.
Sounds like gas problem if compressor is running (Humming noise from outdoor unit).
Indoor fan will stay on LL fan until indoor coil temp heats up (Draft prevention).
Is there any oil on the outdoor pipe connections?
Also when it is running on heat you can feel the large pipe on the outdoor unit going to the indoor. It should be hot. You should not be able to hold your hand on it for long.

Will need a tech.

acnerd
29-07-2010, 05:18 PM
I know this is a silly question, but is it on high fan speed setting?

If you are in France this time of year, you are surely using the system in cooling mode? Assuming it's a wall-mounted unit, you can try the following: Look at the heat-exchanger behind the filters and see if that is blocked up. The filter doesn't always stop everything. Also, with the indoor unit in the OFF position, carefully move the louvre back to expose the cyclindrical scroll fan. Shine a torch onto the blades and see if they are coated or blocked with dust or black algae. This can severely restrict air-flow.

Hope this helps.

Crash Pilot
30-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Sorry guys looked at the daily temp and it was 20 degress celsius. Didn't realise this was close to your max yearly temp. Australia we range from
-10 to 50 degrees depending were you live.
Is the unit being run on heating or cooling?