PDA

View Full Version : compressor change on a Klinge reefer unit

danod
29-07-2010, 03:05 AM
to change out a small Copeland comp, do you unbolt the whole unit and remove the compressor from the back side or is there an easier way. if anyone has experienced one of these and knows the best way your advice would be much appreciated. thanks.

bruisermac
29-07-2010, 09:57 PM
your going to have to give some more info. what do you mean by unbolt the whole unit? just unbolt the compressor base and front seat the service valves. pop out the old compressor. i use a hydraulic lift or a forklift but you can jimmy something if needed. install is the reverse. sometimes the new suction flange isnt true and the gasket leaks so i've had to sand it flat. pm me if u need more help

danod
30-07-2010, 03:42 AM
Bruisermac thanks for your reply. If you were to google Klinge and look for a NMR 262 unit you would see it is the top portion that I refer to for unbolting. the units I have to work on do not have the bottom portion which is a generator I believe. the fan in the middle is the condensor and on either side behind the electrical panel are the compressors. To be at the unit and to see what I am up against you would understand "it is like putting a square block through a round hole" any help is much appreciated.

Perigault
11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
I am looking for a address for carrier compressorparts

for a O5K4 compressor :D