PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know about Air compressors

djbe
28-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Reason I ask is I have been offered an Atlas Copco for what seems reasonable money but 20,000hrs.

Model is a GA15 FF screw compressor.

Just wondering how many hours these are good for?

Cheers,
djbe.

coolhibby1875
28-07-2010, 11:16 PM
these hours equate too 2.8 years, so on that basis as long as its been looked after and maintaned well it should be ok, a compressor a compressor?

djbe
29-07-2010, 08:43 AM
these hours equate too 2.8 years, so on that basis as long as its been looked after and maintaned well it should be ok,

Ok, the thing is 10yrs old, so its done relatively little work really.

Do you know how many hours they are good for if maintained properly?

[/QUOTE] a compressor a compressor?[/QUOTE]

?

Thanks,
djbe.

Bones
29-07-2010, 10:49 AM
So the hour run meter stopped working 7 or so years ago give or take...?

djbe
29-07-2010, 08:33 PM
So the hour run meter stopped working 7 or so years ago give or take...?

No, I looked at it today and the hour counter is fine. You pull the hours up on a digital display and it showed around 20000 running hours, 3000 hrs under load.

I'm not going to buy it though, it was originally described as done hardly any work. With full service history.

Then it turns out it had run for 20000hrs.

Then when I went to see it it looked like it had been stood in a field for a year or two, ran up OK though.

No service history.

Took the panels off and the combined air/oil cooler was showing a small leak of oil on one end, guess it is split.

Phoned Atlas Copco for a price on the part :eek::eek::eek:

That, together with the cost of a service kit would have doubled the purchase price.

Time to walk away methinks, guy selling it was most put out. Said I wouldn't come across a bargain like this again?:confused: