View Full Version : Looking for a tool

28-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Some years ago during my training, I had used a tool for purging systems, especially domestic A/C where people would turn units on their side and oil would seep into the lines.
This tool would allow me to cut a line completely, and by placing this tool over the line; threading together with a gasket between would create a seal that could hold several hundred psi, on the end being a standard fitting to hook up gauges for a nitrogen purge.

Anyone ever use one, know about it, what its called? Ive tried several searches online but cant find anything that resembles them. Came as a kit for all common pipe sizes.


28-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Line tap valves, perhaps?

28-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Not a line tap, it would slide over the end of any size line; copper/steel. Threading together the coupling would compress a rubber gasket that would seal onto the line.

19-08-2010, 03:33 AM
It is called a process tube adapter kit made by Robinair Part # 12458

13-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Thank you sir! Been lookin for these for years. Dummies at every supplier ive asked had no idea.