PDA

View Full Version : what systems do tesco have

cold.man
26-07-2010, 01:11 AM
i have spent the last 4 years working in australia on supermarket refrigeration systems.
i have been working in the industry now for 13 years but only done supermarkets for 4 years.
some sites had cpc systems some had carel with pco rack controllers and pco case controllers. connected to carel plant visor for alarming system.
worked mainly with carel electronic tx valves also.

a few of the sites had danfoss systems also but mainly mechanical tx valves not really worked with danfoss eev's

i have now moved back to england and want to carry on with supermarket refrigeration. yes must be mad 80 hour week in australia was a steady quiet week also so used to the headaches and hard graft.

one of the companies i am looking at to work for does tescos this is why i am seeking this information.

got info on rdm ml controller which links back to rdm data manager anymore info would be great.

coolhibby1875
26-07-2010, 10:26 AM
tesco mostly uses danfoss controlls in their main stores with carel in the small express stores, in my opinion look elsewhere as tesco's have everyone screwed to the floor, used to be a good contract but not anymore, on saying that its a better contract than sainsburys, again in my opinion!

Keef_Controls
26-07-2010, 08:15 PM
tesco mostly uses danfoss controlls in their main stores with carel in the small express stores, in my opinion look elsewhere as tesco's have everyone screwed to the floor, used to be a good contract but not anymore, on saying that its a better contract than sainsburys, again in my opinion!

Actually there are loads of CPC E2's, with PAK pack controllers too. Mostly the stores with older Danfoss evap controllers, ELM and Microm etc..

coolhibby1875
26-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Actually there are loads of CPC E2's, with PAK pack controllers too. Mostly the stores with older Danfoss evap controllers, ELM and Microm etc..

in Scotland there are a few cpc sites and the rest are all danfoss with a few microm left as well, there are no elm sites left in fact i dont think i have ever seen elm in a tesco, but i would say 90% danfoss

ice_p
27-07-2010, 01:52 AM
Which supermarkets did you look after in Oz and how come your back?

Chunk
27-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Down south,we still have a lot of woodley tx controllers.I would say that 90% of stuff is Danfoss and the rest is a mix of CPC,Woodley,Guardian, and Carel for express stores.

I dont know about the rest of the country but down here its a bit shocking with the variety of stuff in stores e:g one of my stores has;

coldstores using woodley tx

cabinets mixed with danfoss ekc,danfoss akc and guardian

packs with CPC

All monitored by a Danfoss 255

and thats on a store thats just been refitted!!!