PDA

View Full Version : John lewis jlss2009 fridge warms up although freezer remains at -18c??!

Jacko1661
25-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Having now defrosted my 'Frost free' freezer for the third time I am begining to lose patience. The fridge holds its temperature for about 5 or 6 days before the temperature increases gradually. I have read numerous chat pages and I have switched off the fridge and freezer for 48hrs before turning it on again. Works fine for 5 days and then the temperature starts to creep up over 2 days. Not sure what next? ANY assistance greatly appreciated.

mikeref
26-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Hi Jacko1661, would this be a side by side fridge/freezer? Possible for this appliance to be displayed as a duel cool.If the freezer has been measured at -18c and it is the above appliance configuration than you would have to let me know before i can continue,cheers, mike

Jacko1661
26-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Mikeref, no it's fridge over freezer single unit. I understand it's all about airflow but the vanes keep icing up. I have also read that it might be a heating element that has broken but I cannot find it. Not keen to get an engineer out if I can help it.