PDA

View Full Version : Compersser working with 134a changed with compersser working with R22

Akram Hamza
25-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Dears,

Kindly,I have damaged compersser for A/C unit (1.25 TR, R134a, pakage) & i want solve this problem by replace the defactive compersser & becuse there is no compersser the same refregerant (134a) in the our market in iraq, so can i replace this compersser with anthour one working with R22 & it capacity (modefaction)...

Comments,
the technacal data for this A/C unit as below:
Rotary compersser LRA 29 ,R134a
Refregerant charge :1250 g.
Thermal expansion valve.

please find the attached.

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Akram.

nike123
25-07-2010, 04:25 PM
You have one little problem with that replacement. That is oil. You need to change oil in R22 compressor from mineral to POE, but rotary compressor housing is made in such manner that oil replacemant is not easy, or possible at all, without drilling housing at bottom and maybe even at top of compressor shell too.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=231428

Try to find some new compressor made for R407C with same displacement as original one. It will come with right oil.

monkey spanners
25-07-2010, 04:37 PM
What Nike said^, If you could get an equivalent R407C compressor then at least the oil would be the correct type.

Akram Hamza
26-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Dear Nike,

Thanks for your fast reply ,you mean we can replaced the compersser with compersser working with R407C, what about the refregerant ?, we can charging this comp. with R134a, and it capacitey for compersser same the old one? please feed back...

Many Thanks.

Akram

sendhilkmar
26-07-2010, 09:48 AM
If you chooose a R407C compressor which is equivalent of the R22 old compressor, then with R134a the capacity derates more than 30%. So choose a R407c compressor which can give the required capacity with R134a (check the comp. specs) and use with R134a.

nike123
26-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Dear Nike,

Thanks for your fast reply ,you mean we can replaced the compersser with compersser working with R407C, what about the refregerant ?, we can charging this comp. with R134a, and it capacitey for compersser same the old one? please feed back...

Many Thanks.

Akram

Compressor doesn't care what refrigerant it pump as long as pressures are within its limits. As sendhilkmar already said, you need compressor with same capacity when R134a is used as refrigerant. Since compressor capacity is directly related to its displacement and thermal properties of used refrigerant, that is easy find if you know displacement of original and replacement compressor. They must be of same or very close displacement and same application area (in your case air-conditioning).

Akram Hamza
27-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi Nike,
You say the compressor doesn't care what refrigerant it pump,so what compressor refrigerant type we can use (R407C or R22) to replace the defective comperssor R134a without any troubles me be occur during the operation like the high drawing current (over load) and high temp.for compressor...

Thanks again for support

D.D.KORANNE
27-07-2010, 12:18 PM
To make it simple , find out the displacement of the present compressor ( with r-134a ) & buy a compressor with ester oil of the same displacement or nearby variation of about 5% .

nike123
28-07-2010, 07:20 AM
so what compressor refrigerant type we can use (R407C or R22) to replace the defective comperssor R134a without any troubles me be occur during the operation like the high drawing current (over load) and high temp.for compressor...

Thanks again for support

R407C because it is already filled with POE oil.

Try to find some new compressor made for R407C with same displacement as original one. It will come with right oil.