PDA

View Full Version : R407C leaked or not?

AndRay1975
23-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Hi everybody!
Please, tell me
is there any method to find out R407С condition in refrigeration circuit? If one of the components is lost, ***** changed its properties. But I am not sure about leak! How can it be checked?

wilko123
23-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Hello there,

The best way to check the composition of the refrigerant is to use a refrigerant analysis kit from BOC, They send you a cylinder which you recover from chiller circuit approx 150-300 grams and send back to BOC, they produce report for you which confirms moisture non condensibles and composition.

Hope this helps!

regards Wilko

martinw58
23-07-2010, 02:10 PM
have tryed using a comparator

taz24
23-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi everybody!
Please, tell me
is there any method to find out R407С condition in refrigiration circuit? If one of the components is lost, ***** changed its properties. But I am not sure about leak! How can it be checked?

The standing pressure should be what it says on your chart for the given temp, if ok.

The only accurate way would be to send a sample off for testing.

taz

ameen pasha
15-09-2010, 11:17 AM
sir what is the actual running parameter of air cooled DX air conditioning system with 407c refrigerant,,,please help

ktm
15-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Yellow jacket do a gas analiser. Have not tried it but it might be worth a look.

casstrig
15-09-2010, 04:19 PM
What makes you suspect a leak,please supply pressures high and low and visual condition of pipework condenser and evap and temperatures.If analysis of the gas is not available where you live the best thing to do is recover the refrigerant weigh it and compare to the stated charge weight if less you have a leak.Pressurize the system not greater than the stated test pressure with a trace of refrigerant and test for leaks repair it and evacuate to 500 microns using an accurate vacuum gauge leave standing for 24hrs if it held charge to the specified weight with virgin gas if not you still have a leak if the pressure increases slightly then you need to evacuate further as there is still moisture.I hope this helps you

NoNickName
15-09-2010, 04:46 PM
If the leak happened in any part where the refrigerant is one phase (superheated or subcooled), then composition remains constant.
Composition shifts only when refrigerant is lost in 2-phases equilibrium.

R031
27-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi everybody!
Please, tell me
is there any method to find out R407С condition in refrigeration circuit? If one of the components is lost, ***** changed its properties. But I am not sure about leak! How can it be checked?
If You are not sure about leak do the recover of the gas on the scale , and if the measurements nearly equall as it is on the board (5%)then R407 is still good but if leak was bigger than 10% you must change (refill) the gas!

gammon
02-11-2010, 10:26 PM
If You are not sure about leak do the recover of the gas on the scale , and if the measurements nearly equall as it is on the board (5%)then R407 is still good but if leak was bigger than 10% you must change (refill) the gas!

Slightly off topic, i am aware of the 10% factor with R407c however i have been quoted different percentages from various people in the industry. Could you copy a link to the documentation regarding the 10% factor?

Thank you

NoNickName
03-11-2010, 09:54 AM
It's a common mistake to consider a leakage from a refrigerant circuit like a distillation process.
If the leak is on the vapour side §(single phase), than all components are lost in the same percentage.
Distillation only happens when the liquid evaporates at an intermediate temperature between the bubble and dew temperature for that pressure, which is highly unlikely.

As a side note: if it was that simple to distillate, then why building oil refineries?