PDA

View Full Version : Recycling of Refrigerators

Rob-Mitton
23-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I'm working at a recycling centre in Goole. We keep getting phone calls from people wanting us to dispose of their fridge freezers.

I've looked into the details of what I need to do to conform with the environment agency and so on. According to them I need to remove the refridgerants and oil, then I can transport for fragging.

The trouble i'm having is locating a machine that I can use to remove the refridgerants and oil. Does anyone have any information on companies that sell these???

Apparently I cannot use the machines that re-move gasses from aircon units. Is this correct??

We're looking at giving people money for their fridge freezers, but i need the machine :(

Thank you in advance for any info you guys can supply.

Rob.

sedgy
23-07-2010, 12:17 PM
hi rob, yes you need to be registered to use the machine to remove the gas into a re-cycle bottle.< metal bottle <
you say you work at a re-cycling centre, < but not for fridge freezers<?

Rob-Mitton
23-07-2010, 01:47 PM
hi rob, yes you need to be registered to use the machine to remove the gas into a re-cycle bottle.< metal bottle <
you say you work at a re-cycling centre, < but not for fridge freezers<?

Hi Sedgy,

At the moment we re-cycle metals. But we are looking in to other things and Fridge Freezers are one of the things we are looking at doing. We have the correct licenses to do this, but are strugling to find the machinery.

Rob

taz24
23-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I'm working at a recycling centre in Goole. We keep getting phone calls from people wanting us to dispose of their fridge freezers.

I've looked into the details of what I need to do to conform with the environment agency and so on. According to them I need to remove the refridgerants and oil, then I can transport for fragging.

The trouble i'm having is locating a machine that I can use to remove the refridgerants and oil. Does anyone have any information on companies that sell these???

Apparently I cannot use the machines that re-move gasses from aircon units. Is this correct??

We're looking at giving people money for their fridge freezers, but i need the machine :(

Thank you in advance for any info you guys can supply.

Rob.

Hi Rob.

There are lots of different types of machine for this.

Ones that are fully automatic, you just conect up and let it run and others that are more manual.

To do this though you need to have a qualification and training.
The oil is treated as a seperate waste and needs to be acounted for as well.

So options to you are get the equipment (equipment varyies from £500 all in to £1500) and the training (training and assesment £500 to £1000).

Or you stockpile them and then pay a contractor to do it for you every now and then.

Cheers taz

Rob-Mitton
23-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Hi Taz,

We're in the process of sorting the training out. We need to do this on-site to comply with our license. It's a supplier for the machines I need at the moment.

Unfortunatly the usual internet engines are coming up blank :(

Cheers

Rob

taz24
23-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Hi Taz,

We're in the process of sorting the training out. We need to do this on-site to comply with our license. It's a supplier for the machines I need at the moment.

Cheers

Rob

In Sheffield, try HRP 443 Brightside Lane. 0114 244 8222.

All the best

taz

taz24
23-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi Taz,

Cheers

Rob

There is also Climate Centre.. Was NRS and they are

CLIMATE CENTER
BRADMARSH BUSINESS PARK
TEMPLEBOROUGH
ROTHERHAM
S60 1BY

taz

Rob-Mitton
23-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Taz,

You are a diamond. Cheers for those.

Rob

Quality
23-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Try Polar Pumps In Doncaster 01302 751 253 They can supply you the machinery and training and assessments that you need

Rob-Mitton
26-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Polar Pumps it is. Gonna see em this week and get things sorted out. Cheers for all your help lads.

Rob