PDA

View Full Version : B& Q airforce ceiling mounted corner unit

bossblue
23-07-2010, 10:46 AM
hi guys,
i want to vacuum this unit down, and would like to know what size charging hose fits this, my bog standard 1/4 hoses are too small, is there an adaptor available.
I have contacted airforce technical but they do not know , not much help at all.
have any of you guys come across this, it is known as a professional fit GWHN12A8NK3AA
12000btu
many thanks

taz24
23-07-2010, 11:12 AM
hi guys,
i want to vacuum this unit down, and would like to know what size charging hose fits this, my bog standard 1/4 hoses are too small, is there an adaptor available.
I have contacted airforce technical but they do not know , not much help at all.
have any of you guys come across this, it is known as a professional fit GWHN12A8NK3AA
12000btu
many thanks

You will find it is a R410a refrigerant system and for that you need R410a gauges.

The pressure's in 410 is higher than other refrigerants and the older gauges
might not be rated to take the pressure.

You will have to buy a new set of gauges rated to R410a..

All the best taz.

regcooldude
23-07-2010, 11:26 PM
to be honest it doesn't sound like you know what your doin so shouldn't be messin !:(

Tayters
24-07-2010, 12:01 AM
hi guys,

Fills you with confidence eh?

Look for a label on the case detailing which refrigerant. As Taz says probably R410A which uses larger 5/16" connections.
This refrigerant runs at higher pressures so to avoid blowing up your standard gauges there's a bigger connection so only your 410 gauges will fit.
Adaptors are availible though.
Standing pressure around 200psig. Normal suction pressure 110psig (equates to evaporating temp of 2*C). If in heating then condensing pressure upwards of 400psig so best make sure you've got gauges appropriate for the job.

Have you ever wondered if Messers Carreras, Pavarotti, Domingo and Lanza ever had a hand in naming that refrigerant?

bossblue
25-07-2010, 04:06 PM
thanks taz much appreciated

bossblue
25-07-2010, 04:08 PM
mmm, what charm school did you go to

monkey spanners
25-07-2010, 04:54 PM
You can get a 5/16 to 1/4 adaptor, if you use one use your high side gauge on the low side connection, do not use you low side gauge.
I really would not recommend using one with normal gauges, a friend of mine got a sight glass in the face using normal gauges, not nice.

If you are staying in this trade invest in some R410 Gauges, they are only about £65.