PDA

View Full Version : mr slim indoor unit problems

sc4043
22-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I have a mr slim msz 36na out door unit combined with 4 indoor units 3 of them are 9000 btu and the one for my living/ dining room area is 15000btu. A week ago i noticed that the 15000btu unit had hardly any airflow going though it. So i opened the unit up and noticed the fan was covered with dust. I then cleaned the dust off of the fan and the coil. Now with everything cleaned up the blower is still not blowing the same amount of air that it used to and also the fan is making a pulsating sound. could it be that due to the lack of maintenance on the unit the collection of dirt and dust on the coils and fan has caused the fan motor to start to fail? Also how long the a mrslim indoor fan usually last and are the parts expensive?

Brian_UK
22-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Did you clean the dust from in the coil not just the surface?

sc4043
22-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Yes i cut the power to all of the units i removed the cover and sprayed air conditioner foaming cleaner on the coil then i used a squirt bottle to rinse off the coils. The coils look almost good as new now

back2space
23-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Have you cleaned both sides of the coils, the side which the fan blows at and the side where the air comes through as the other side you havent cleaned may be filthy.

Have you cleaned the filters as well?

sc4043
23-07-2010, 12:43 AM
How do i get to the under side of the coil? The fan is the way is there an easy way to remove the fan? Because i have a feeling you are right and the underside of the coil is filthy.

back2space
23-07-2010, 12:50 AM
How do i get to the under side of the coil? The fan is the way is there an easy way to remove the fan? Because i have a feeling you are right and the underside of the coil is filthy.

Is it a wall mounted unit?

If you cleaned the side of the coil that the air is sucked through then it should be clean on the other side as it sucks through that but if the fan blows against the coil then you need to clean the side it blows against as this is where the dirt will collect.

You would need to remove the fan blade I guess to access the other side of the coil.

sc4043
23-07-2010, 02:17 AM
It is a Mr slim wall mounted unit. I still would like to know how to remove the fan any help would be greatly appreciated

back2space
23-07-2010, 05:22 AM
It is a Mr slim wall mounted unit. I still would like to know how to remove the fan any help would be greatly appreciated

Not that clued up on Mitsi units im afraid.

Im sure someoen will be along to advise.

Did u clean the filter?

miacraig
20-08-2010, 09:13 AM
i too am having problems with my fan becoming very dirty and filled with "gunk", despite the filters being spotless, as well as the coils being clean. anyone else experiencing dirty fan problems on mr slims?
anyone figure a way to thoroughly clean the fan without removing the whole unit from the wall??