PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV-S switching off

mchild
22-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I have a VRV-S with four indoor FXSQ air handlers and one BRC1D** wired remote controller.

Over the last day I have found twice that the controller is switched off (no red light next to On/Off button). Both times when I turned it back on the system started immediately and no fault codes were showing.

No one has turned it off so what might be causing this to happen?

Thank you.

AbsoluteWDJ
22-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I have a VRV-S with four indoor FXSQ air handlers and one BRC1D** wired remote controller.

Over the last day I have found twice that the controller is switched off (no red light next to On/Off button). Both times when I turned it back on the system started immediately and no fault codes were showing.

No one has turned it off so what might be causing this to happen?

Thank you.

Check to see if any time clock programs are registered and if the the timer is enabled (clock icon bottom left of BRC1D control)

mchild
22-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Check to see if any time clock programs are registered and if the the timer is enabled (clock icon bottom left of BRC1D control)

Thanks for the quick response, but no programs or schedules are running. Same temp all the time.

This has just started to happen in the last 24 hours. Before that the controller had not been touched in weeks.

mchild
22-07-2010, 10:20 PM
I have it sorted out.

The installer placed switches connected to T1 and T2 in case of condensate not draining properly. Good news is I did not have water pouring out of my attic and I figured it out before too long. I have now placed a reminder next to the controller for the next time this happens. Plus, I must perform the required maintenance to keep them from properly draining.

brunstar
22-07-2010, 11:39 PM
you should wire the high limit stat on the condensate pump to X15A or put it in series with the existing high limit stat then the system will come up with an A3 fault which means there is a high limit alarm on your condensate pump..

mchild
23-07-2010, 12:37 AM
you should wire the high limit stat on the condensate pump to X15A or put it in series with the existing high limit stat then the system will come up with an A3 fault which means there is a high limit alarm on your condensate pump..

Good suggestion. If that had been done it would have taken me to the issue straight away.