PDA

View Full Version : dT on High Efficiency Units

amey01
22-07-2010, 02:25 AM
Why is it that dT on higher efficiency units is lower? I am getting about 8C (14.4 F) on my unit (COP 2.8, when OS temp is 30C, inside temp is 24C, inside RH is approx 65%) and while it is cooling okay, the dehumidification is not really adequate.

Why is it, and is there anything I can do to change it?

Sandro Baptista
22-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Hi amey01,

Please reformulate better your question.

OS is outside of the room? 8șC is the saturated suction pressure on the compressor?

Why did you asked "Why is it that dT on higher efficiency units is lower?"

amey01
22-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi amey01,

Please reformulate better your question.

OS is outside of the room? 8șC is the saturated suction pressure on the compressor?

Why did you asked "Why is it that dT on higher efficiency units is lower?"

Sorry if my question was unclear.

By OS, yes - I mean outside.

8C is the difference between the inside return air (at around 25C) and the air discharged from the duct nearest the evaporator (ie. the air discharged is about 17C).

That leaves an 8C (or 14F) dT.

I've heard that you should expect less on lower efficiency units?

Sandro Baptista
22-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I've heard that you should expect less on lower efficiency units?

That DT you mentioned it's not thermal difference between the evaporating temperature and the medium air temperature.

Using the aircooler unit you have can you lower the air flow passing through the coils by maybe changing winding connections delta » star? If not try to damp a a little the airflow.

If you lower the airflow the outlet air temperature will be lower and you can condensing more water vapour from the air and so reaching closer the relative humidity you want. However the refrigeration capacity will be lower...but if your unit have no problem on reaching the temperature setpoint try it...then send me the feedback.

Regards