PDA

View Full Version : Beko Frost Free Fridge/Freezer - Electrical Smell

jazzy
22-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Problem with my Beko Fridge/Freezer Frost Free Model CGA 9756 FFW

There is a strong electrical smell which occurs every few weeks' may be something to do with the frost free system? I have noticed that the smell occurs when the back panel has water droplets and not ice.

Also two holes have appeared at the back of the fridge compartment. (pic) img28.imageshack.us/img28/5170/beko.jpg

any ideas please?

mikeref
24-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Hi Jazzy, Does the fridge ever tripout the circuit breaker or earth leakage to your place?

jazzy
24-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi Jazzy, Does the fridge ever tripout the circuit breaker or earth leakage to your place?

no never had issues with any tripouts. The temp also keeps constant all of the time.

mikeref
26-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Hi Jazzy, cannot bring up your pic, but i'd need to see these holes you talked about.

jazzy
26-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi Jazzy, cannot bring up your pic, but i'd need to see these holes you talked about.

to view the photo you will have to do a copy and paste

img28.imageshack.us/img28/5170/beko.jpg

unfortunately I cannot add photos to the forum because I do not have enough posts

mikeref
29-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Jazzy, visual on your pic didn't work on my side. If your fridge appears to still be working fine( no ice building up anywhere) than (1) its possible the defrost element in the freezer section has shifted too close to plastic surroundings causing a burning smell or(2) an insulated heater wire surrounding the fridge section evaporator may be faulty, either way you should get it professionally seen to, cheers mike.

Magoo
29-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Definitly have it looked at. You have the potential for a house fire, usually when asleep.
Electricity, [heat source ] oxygen and foam [ insulation,]. Can start as a hot spot and develop into an inferno in 30 seconds. Do you have smoke alarms.

magoo
So dump the fridge and start again.

jazzy
29-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Fridge/Freezer now scrapped, better safe than sorry;)