PDA

View Full Version : addvent fault codes

Andy AC
21-07-2010, 10:00 PM
I have had the misfortune to have been called to be called to an Addvent AVAC SPL18-N split system that had been supplied and installed by a nameless electrician - Why do they never have names?
System goes out on E3 fault, reset power, and away it goes. When I got to it, found the filters blocked solid and the fan motor making a terrible racket. Because of the noise, the electrician had somehow managed to get a replacement indoor unit, which was never fitted. I swapped the fan motor and cleaned the filters, put it back together and ran fine for about a week, and is now faulting on E3 again. Anybody know what that code is?
I thought it could be shutting down on the evap coil sensor because of the blocked filters. Haven't been able to check pressures yet - condenser is located up high, in an alleyway, which is only accessible by going through a little old lady's house, if she is up and dressed:eek:. The indoor unit cools well, does not frost up, plenty of moisture all over the coil, but no ice.

I know the next thing to do is check the pressures, but was hoping it's something on the indoor unit because of the access issue.

Any suggestions welcome.

Andy

monkey spanners
21-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Is it from these people?

http://www.addvent.co.uk/

Couldn't find anything on their site though, might be worth giving them a call and see.

Andy AC
21-07-2010, 11:06 PM
yep thats them, I'll give em a call in the morning