PDA

View Full Version : RS44 R424a in City Multi

Collie
20-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi lads, Anyone know of any difficulties in dropping R424a into a city multi that used to run on R22?
Have a compressor failure and if the gas is compromised i might look at changing it as replacement R22 will only be a temporary solution. I've read up about R424a and found no negatives except maybe having to make a few tweaks and adjustments to the system. Any ideas how a city multi system would take it? thanks

AbsoluteWDJ
20-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi lads, Anyone know of any difficulties in dropping R424a into a city multi that used to run on R22?
Have a compressor failure and if the gas is compromised i might look at changing it as replacement R22 will only be a temporary solution. I've read up about R424a and found no negatives except maybe having to make a few tweaks and adjustments to the system. Any ideas how a city multi system would take it? thanks

I had a Daikin VRV with refrigerant leakage at the beginning of the year. I found you could still purchase R22 from the distributors but it's now labeled R22R the latter R meaning reclaim! It's about four times the price of R22 but you know what your getting!

Collie
22-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Oh yeah, i know, you can still get plenty of cleaned up R22 over here too and its a hefty price, Im just exploring the options, because if the gas has been contaminated from the burn out then id much rather use the opportunity to fill the system with a drop in rather than more R22 as its going to have to go at some point, now is as good a time as any.