PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RS21 defrost circuit trips mains/RCD - need engineer recommending

thecubasekid
20-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Hello,

I have a problem with my RS21 tripping the mains as per the title. - rang samsung but im out of warranty, i qouted the extended warranty given after the watchdog TV program but they still were not interested advising i did not qualify. They gave me a third party number that was an answer machine and never called me back after several messages.

Stuck with no FF I did some digging on line in an attempt to try and fix it myself and found instrction on how to fault find on it. I found the defrost heater/circuit that was causing the trip, and it would work OK for a while then ice up and finally defrost before the whole cycle starts again if i left defost heater/circuit disconnected and powered the appliance up.

I ordered a replcement part but cant fit it as the current one is soldered in place and i daren't try and totally break it.

I tried requesting an engineer that should have samaung skills from the 'UK Whitegoods' web site but so far all advised they would not work on the rs21

Help!!

can anyone recommend a company that can fit the part/fix the thing for me?

I am in Wallasey on the Wirral (CH45 post code)

Thanks!!

Graham

paul_h
21-07-2010, 08:12 AM
If I understand correctly, you have a new evaporator assembly with heater element attached right?
That's how samsung supplies heaters, the evaporator it's attached to is ballast, it's impossible to change over the whole thing.
You just have to use pliers to remove the heater elements from the evap and frame and throw out that section of the part you bought, and fit just the new heater element to your old installed fridge evap frame as neatly and the best you can.
That's all a samsung repair agent would do.

stevesmifff
27-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I live in manchester.I am a samsung agent for the la and ca postcodes in the north west.I can call round and fit a total upgrade to your rs21 with genuine samsung parts if you like.Just let me know.
cheers
steve