PDA

View Full Version : Split Blockages

freezy
18-05-2005, 12:15 AM
I have to go and look at a Mitsubishi MUH-C18TV which may have blockages. Is it probable that they are only in the capillaries and does anyone have a good way of checking flows through splits as there is only one schraeder port on the service valves and I want to avoid the task of chopping into pipes within the unit.

Thanks in advance :(

Brian_UK
18-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Try a contact thermometer across the cap lines or restrictors, it may highlight a potential blockage

frank
18-05-2005, 08:56 PM
What are the symptoms that make you think it is a blockage?

freezy
18-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys
Aparantley unit has never worked properly. I have not yet seen the unit charged and running, only pressure tested,previous engineers suspected blockages in capillaries and changed all 3. Unit still does not work and was switched off . I have to investigate so I am going back to regas and test but ive a horrible feeling unit still has problems,evidence of a water leak from indoor unit-probably froze -maybe just short of gas, what do you think?

complete HVAC
30-05-2006, 10:53 AM
These units have a mesh filter just before the expansion shut off valve, un sweat the swaged joint connecting to the valve, and there you will find it, no doubt blocked with oxidation where no ofn was purged during installation of pipework.:)

afeef
01-06-2006, 11:22 AM
hi
blockage in capillary :means you find ice in capillry.
shortage of gas :means you have low suction pressure.
other reason make the mitsu not working proparly: contaminated oil which result in blochage/unblochage frequently
chech the suction pr. , evaporator fan , overlook the system for oil on piping ,take sample of compressor oil

afeef

tsangep
08-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Mabe you need to recover the gas add test points on the indoor coil and might as well add a sight glass and filter dryer to catch crap and water in the system before it blocks the expansion valve. Does it have a capilery line in the outdoor unit to meter the liquid as well? if so this could be getting blocked by ice.