PDA

View Full Version : City Multi Undersized

MOVHVAC
19-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi all, i need some help. I have been working on a city multi system that is not cooling very well at all. The system has no errors and it seems like it is undersized. High superheat on the main and sub BCs. It seems like all of the evaps are starving for refrigerant. I have checked refrigerant charge from the original install, its good. I have limited experience with city multi, what are some signs of a unit that is undersized. I have been monitoring the unit on M-net.

Brian_UK
19-07-2010, 11:29 PM
What is the diversity of the system?

Thermatech
20-07-2010, 08:15 AM
If you can Email the Mnet monitor file through to me I will look it through to see if any possible operating problems with the system.
Check my RE contact info for my webb site & contact details

MOVHVAC
20-07-2010, 06:46 PM
The system was sized at 125% and all indoor units are calling for cooling. We have tried shutting down indoor units in an effort to bring the load below 100% of the outdoor unit but it still does not operate well at all. Thermatech, i will send the info.
On another note, we have a soliend valve on one of the main bc ports that will not open. We can fix it open but it goes closed again. No errors, unit and branch addressing is good. Has anyone experienced this before?
Thanks for the help