PDA

View Full Version : Ettienne

Ettienne
19-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Hi everybody. I have a Danfoss VLT 6000 variable speed drive that is tripping on ground fault all the time. I have checked the motor,cable and earth connection which all seems o/k. Is there anything else that can cause this alarm(Trip)
Regards Ettienne

martinw58
19-07-2010, 06:17 AM
have you tried runing the inverter with the motor disconected if it works then check motor with a meger

goshen
19-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi everybody. I have a Danfoss VLT 6000 variable speed drive that is tripping on ground fault all the time. I have checked the motor,cable and earth connection which all seems o/k. Is there anything else that can cause this alarm(Trip)
Regards Ettienne
Hi :
possibly a very long motor cable could cause this symptom!!:)

NoNickName
19-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Low motor insulation. Check it with a megger.

Peter_1
20-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Disconnect the VFD and run the motor straight on the mains and verify if problem persists. You then can make conclusion if there's a fault in the VFD.

Ettienne
21-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Hi everyone, the motor runs perfecly without the VFD connected. When the drive tripps and is reset it will run for a couple of hours before it tripps again. Kind Regards Ettienne

goshen
21-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Hi everyone, the motor runs perfecly without the VFD connected. When the drive tripps and is reset it will run for a couple of hours before it tripps again. Kind Regards Ettienne
Hi:
as i said before check your cable lentgh!this could cause high ground capacitance and drive tripping,try to run it with ground fault disabled ,while you are monitoring it if this stops the nuisence tripping ,change to a shielded cable! this will help.
let us know how it goes!
good luck:)