PDA

View Full Version : Dilemna between bitzer & copeland

savio5
18-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Hi All!
Am looking to install one of these brand machines in my cold room (-20) and wanted to know what the better brand in terms of pricing,reliability and spares

750 Valve
18-07-2010, 08:05 AM
If I was an owner of equipment I would be specifying Bitzer for sure

coolhibby1875
18-07-2010, 10:51 AM
if it comes down to price then copeland, if its not then opt for the bitzer, its bullet proof!

chemi-cool
18-07-2010, 05:52 PM
For some reason, Bitzer lasts much longer.
On the other hand, if the system is well designed and maintained, I don't think that one is better.

In maintenance work I come more over Copeland compressors, for new stuff I use Bitzer.

Do you have parts supply for these compressors in your area? It helps once in a while.

Good luck anyway.

Peter_1
18-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Bitzer for me, compare once the noise of both.

cadwaladr
18-07-2010, 11:55 PM
bitzer,once saw a dead head sticker on a cadillac dont look back!

lawrence1
19-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Bitzer for me.

savio5
19-07-2010, 09:08 AM
wow so I am guessing Bitzer it is! We do have ample supply of spares for both brands here

Eeram
24-07-2010, 05:23 PM
A compressor is as good as the person working on it!

Nobody can afford to manufacture low cost/cheap stuff.

The best advice is to use a suitable make/model for a certain job.

oldesky
26-07-2010, 05:34 AM
The way compressors are manufactured these days I doubt there is much difference in the quality. I have seen installations with most european semi hermetic recip compressors. I dont bewlieve trhere is an appreciable difference in overall quality. Some are more efficient than others and every manufacturer has made a model that has had a few problems, be it Copeland, Bock, Bitzer or Frascold. Installations are the cause of most compressor problems these days. Pick the one that gives you the best service and spares.

joe magee
26-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Here in the Califonia we have one store with open drive Bitzer's. It's nearly impossible to get parts for them. It took two weeks to get a compressor that was expedited The customer service is horrible. The oil comes from Johnstone supply which has to be ordered. I cringe when a service call comes in for that store. I can get Copeland compressors same day no problem.

Magoo
26-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Copeland are the biggest manufacturer by far, Bitzer are the biggest privately owned manufacturer. So comes down to supply and product support, depends where you are I suppose. Here Bitzer are good but expensive and delayed parts support. So I go for Copeland and /or DWM. All on the shelf stuff support.