PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Fault

airefresco
16-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Got a fault on Samsung unit and could do with a little help. I think I have sorted but anyway. Samsung SH12BPD displays ER01 a couple of seconds after starting it in any mode. Outdoor unit shows Communications Error, I know that for sure, but I donīt know what ER01 means. I think that means Comms error too, but I donīt have a list for these units.

Second thing, to test whether it is the indoor or outdoor PCB can I disconnect the comms cable and test between Nuetral and 3 (comms) at the indoor unit. If there is voltage there then indoor board is OK. Do the same test at the outdoor unit. Which ever doesnīt have any voltage on is the faulty board. Is that right? Assuming of course the cable is Ok and it is a comms fault.

cheers
Paul

nike123
18-07-2010, 06:36 PM
I know that for sure, but I donīt know what ER01 means. I think that means Comms error too, but I donīt have a list for these units.

ER01 is communication error!

airefresco
18-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks for that Nike, Can you confirm if my testing method would be ok?

Thanks

airefresco
19-07-2010, 08:42 PM
I went to today and carried out the communication test. The indoor unit has a constant 26v between the comms terminal and neutral. When the unit is switched on, this value remains the same and does not change. The outdoor unit has 0v and when the unit is switched on fluctuates between 12 - 9v very quickly until the unit goes into fault, at which point in returns to 0v. I think the indoor PCB is faulty, as it looks as if the outdoor is trying to communicate, but the indoor is static.

I would appreciate others opinions.

Thanks
Paul

nike123
20-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks for that Nike, Can you confirm if my testing method would be ok?

Thanks

Sorry, I can not!
I don't know how to test Samsung communication.

paul_h
20-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Just double check you have the right option codes.
I've had comms errors with one board not sending out a signal because the option codes were wrong.
They were close enough to turn the indoor unit on, but not correct so the indoor and outdoor wouldn't communicate.
Changing either board didn't help as the problem was the option code given by samsung dealers was wrong.

airefresco
20-07-2010, 06:15 PM
cheers, Iīll give it a go with the option codes. This is not a new install or anything. I did the install a couple of years ago and itīs worked fine ever since. The error code just suddenly started appearing. I think I may have found an indoor PCB which I can borrow to test, so I may give that ago and see if it works with that. If it does, then I will know that it is the indoor PCB that is faulty.