PDA

View Full Version : What are the seven metering devices?

jakabus
16-07-2010, 09:31 AM
I have been searching trying to find the other 5 metering devices. I already know enough about cap tubes and tx valves for the amount of time ive been in refrigeration.

so far I've done it for roughly 6 months and I have not yet gon to TAFE. I would like to learn as much as possible (or at least 6 months worth) so that I'm not left to catch up.

As far as i know I've done well with my knowledge but the person teaching me has quit and I am know going to continue with someone ells. I do not like the other persons way of doing things. So ive decided to study and teach myself (with as much help as possible) ASAP

Anyway, I've been thinking... are the differant types of meters just differant types of cap tubes and T.X.valves?

mad fridgie
16-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Hand expansion valve
Automatic expansion Valve (AEV)
High side float
Low side float
Fixed orifice (actuator)
EEV (electronic expansion valve)

michaelm
16-07-2010, 06:07 PM
B"H

Liquid injector and orifice

monkey spanners
16-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Some American domestic ac systems have a thing called a piston in them, may well be a fixed orifice though with just different terminology from across the pond.

Don't forget the blocked drier, an often missed expansion device which makes people think the system is short of refrigerant due to the bubbly sight glass it can cause :D

lowcool
17-07-2010, 01:00 PM
dont forget the 750 valve,