PDA

View Full Version : Foster

Bachuss
15-07-2010, 09:23 AM
anyone know how to reset a foster controller thats showing it needs a service, I wouldn't ask except my boss told me to!

coolhibby1875
15-07-2010, 09:39 AM
hi inside the door there is a plate with make, model and serial number on the same plate there is a phone number for foster, call them ask for the tech department and the guy will talk you through this in seconds, In fact the number is 01553780300, call them they wont bite:)

Grizzly
15-07-2010, 08:16 PM
As coolhibby suggests,
1 post at a time next time eh!

Open the attached and hopefully, if I have the correct controller? (You don't say).
All should be revealled!
Grizzly

coolhibby1875
16-07-2010, 10:07 AM
As coolhibby suggests,
1 post at a time next time eh!

Open the attached and hopefully, if I have the correct controller? (You don't say).
All should be revealled!
Grizzly

another top link Grizzly, have printed this of will come in very handy:D

Grizzly
16-07-2010, 05:16 PM
another top link Grizzly, have printed this of will come in very handy:D

We are all here to help one-another!
Are we not my friend.
Grizzly:D

Bryan Tisdall
15-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi, just on the subject of Foster fridges...
Have to change out a seized cond fan motor on a small single door one tomorrow, just wondering of any good tips for these as it looks like the best option is to take the whole condenser out. It is possible in fact the replacement motor has come with a new condenser attached, but is there an easy way around not having to reclaim gas and sweat the old unit out?!

Thanks

monkey spanners
15-09-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't know with these Fosters but I've never had to remove a condenser to change a fan motor, i have had to undo the fan blade from the motor before i had room to get the motor out though.

I have had to phone the manufactures and ask for their technical department on an Osbourne fridge to find out how the condenser fan motor comes off, so i'd give Fosters a call and ask them, have the model number and seriel number ready incase they need them.

Take some pictures and let us know how you get on with it.

Jon :)

Bryan Tisdall
05-10-2010, 10:09 AM
hi, sorry haven't benn on in a while. didn't have to change the entire condenser in the end, the bottom can be screwed loose and carefully shifted to the side. this allows for literally just enough space to slide the fan blade through from the front. from here it was a simple slot into place and secure with a screw which could be done by reaching through from the back. they're an odd fan motor to me though, not using the conventional lubed up bearings, have you seen this before?