PDA

View Full Version : de-superheater

icecube51
14-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi Guys,

I want to consider of using a desuperheater on return icewater to optimise the current install.
When we reach temperatures of 40°C on the roof, the unit go's in overheating alarm on the condensor and stops. It takes about 4hrs to regain the desired roomtemperature. Keep in mind that is is for a cleanroom, and the workers there are in special suites and covered from head to tows.

Is there anyone ho has already done something like this, and is it word doing?
I am looking for some pro's and contra's. All hints are welcome.

Ice

Brian_UK
14-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Water mister on the coil for times of high temperature perhaps.

oldesky
15-07-2010, 03:07 AM
Add a secondary condenser for high ambient conditions with a 3 way split condenser valve. Or just fit a larger condenser with fan speed control

icecube51
15-07-2010, 04:45 AM
this condensor already has fanspeedcontrol, it has 6 fans of 645mm diam. they are spraying water over it to cool it down, but it is not effective enough. also the cost of a worker that is standing thare playing whit a waterhose is not wat they want for the future hot days to come.

Ice

mad fridgie
15-07-2010, 05:00 AM
this condensor already has fanspeedcontrol, it has 6 fans of 645mm diam. they are spraying water over it to cool it down, but it is not effective enough. also the cost of a worker that is standing thare playing whit a waterhose is not wat they want for the future hot days to come.

Ice
Gday Ice, go down to your hardware store, buy some little irrigation mister nossles the finest mist possible. (like you use at home in your garden). a water sloenoid and thermostat. the nossles should be set approx 600mm from the front of the air inlet to the condenser. Giving time for the water mist to evaporate in the air stream. This is cheap and very reliable. (it not the amount of water that is required but the anount of water that evaporates)
The guy with hose is only spraying water on to the condenser in one place at any one time, so is not getting the true benefit of evapoative cooling
Set your thermostat up with the sol valve at the just below your problem temperatures.

icecube51
15-07-2010, 06:43 PM
I am afrayd that the condensor will soke itself full whit water and the result will be wors than whitout the water.

Ice

NoNickName
15-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I am afrayd that the condensor will soke itself full whit water and the result will be wors than whitout the water.

Ice

I'm afraid you don't have a rough idea what you are talking about. As such, either you listen to the advice given, or kiss my compressor goodbye

monkey spanners
15-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Icecube, I think this is the type of system being talked about,

http://www.microcool.com/cooling/precooling.shtml

The mist is so fine as to evaporate before it reaches the condenser.

Jon :)

mad fridgie
15-07-2010, 09:18 PM

Ice
Each mister nossle (cheap ones) uses 8 litres per hour and normally has a mist pattern of 1m2 at 600mm, So you may need 6-8 nossles. This is less water than a good down pour of rain. Or you could go and buy a genuine mister system as MS posted.

icecube51
16-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Icecube, I think this is the type of system being talked about,

http://www.microcool.com/cooling/precooling.shtml

The mist is so fine as to evaporate before it reaches the condenser.

Jon :)
Thanks monkey spanners, that is in fact a good idea.
I will take a closer look, but it seams fine already. thanks for the tech-specs mad-fridgie, when considdering your wright, it is less than rain.

Ice